Why the heck is she doing this?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nekobunny

Reaction score
Hey guys!!

Another question about my beloved Thumper. She is a joy most of the time, although something is puzzling me. She seems to HATE my boyfriend. Anything he does, she bites him, lunges at him, refuses to be near him. I talked to him and he says he never did anything except be gentle with her. I trust him, he is not the kind of person to doubt. For a month he took care of her and he said she was fine with him, never bit, and seemed generally happy. The second I came back she became violent towards him. I also noticed she also lunges at other men, but doesnt bite them. She also lunges if I'm wearing pants, I guess they scare her? She's fine if I'm wearing leggings or shorts.

Weeeeeird.

Is she spayed? Often unspayed females will be very territorial and possessive - could be that she's possessive of you. Especially since she was fine with him while you weren't around, it seems like her behavior is related to you.

I would let them interact while you're in a different part of the house and see how they do. Have your bf just be very quiet with her and sit and let her come to him. Hopefully she won't lunge or bite, but if she lunges, have him just ignore her and sit still. If she bites, have him gently hold her head down or push her away a bit.

If they're fine while you're not around, I would gradually start coming back into the room. Stand at the doorway, then stand a few feet closer, etc.

Maybe it would even be a good idea for her to live with him a few days a week so she becomes more comfortable with him and sees him as her human too.

Ohh hey I didnt even think of that! That could be it. I havent spayed her yet but I plan to in the fall (saving up money for school too)

but then...what about the pants? o.o

:rabbithop

The pants could be because she's not spayed - unspayed bunnies are sometimes weird about certain things like that and they tend to calm down after being fixed. It could just be the hormones making her a little nutty.

Latest posts

Back