Why my rabbit love to POO on my bed ?!?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BEYZA

Reaction score
Dear All,

Ijust adopted my lovely 8 weeks old rabbit about a week ago.Her name is Pachi. She is very sweet and smart little girl.:bunnydance:

She learned to trust us so quickly. She let us pet, kiss and always come to us when we gently approach her.

The problem is she LOVES to poo on our bed! :(We let her runaround freely in our home. Just only 2 places she always poo are hercage and our bed! It doesn’t matter she just ate or not. She always hasher poo stocked for our bed!

She loves to jump to our bed, especially, when we lay there, she likes to climb around us and then POO!

We tried to teach her by make loud “NO”, punished her by locking her inher cage but it seemed doesn’t work. I don’t want to block her from ourbedroom. I want her to be around in our bedroom because I know shereally love it.

We tried to think why she does that. Maybe she tried to make our bed to be her own territory???

Does anyone have the same experience? Any suggestions? Or if anyone can understand rabbit’s thought, PLEASE HELP!!!

Where is her cage? Is it far away from the bed?Like in another room? Sometimes Trix poops in the lving room cause itsreally far from her bedroom and cage where her litter box is. Weusually don't let her go in the living room b/c its not 100%bunny-proofed yet. When we DO bring her out there, she poops likecrazy. It's either nerves or excitement and the fact that she forgetswhere her cage is. She is still a baby and accident will happen....

It might help to havea couple of litterboxes throughout the house for her to use...

I'm not an expert on the poo thing, but onething i can tell you, dont bother punishing her by locking her in hercage when she poops on your bed. she wont learn likethat. she'll have absolutely no clue as to why you aresending her to her cage. i'd keep a litter box pan right bythe bed. that might help.

BEYZA wrote:
Wetried to think why she does that. Maybe she tried to make our bed to beher own territory???

Does anyone have the same experience? Any suggestions?

Yes and yes.;) Mocha was the same way. Your bed smells morelike you than anything else, and she is trying to replace your smellwith hers so she'll own it. Plus, it's really comfy so shelikes to be there.

You can try putting a litterbox on the bed. Put some of herpoops in it so she gets the idea. I ended up banning Mochafrom the bed, then the room, because she got very mad about not beingallowed on the bed. After she was spayed, she behaved betterand was allowed in the room again.

Oh, and welcome to the forum! :wave2

Ohhh, I know what you are talking about!! Mochaloves to be on my bed and it never fails that she leaves a TON of poop!I dont try to punish her or keep her away from my bed as long as she isnot peeing in my bed, I dont mind picking up her little pebbles!!

Welcome to the Forum BEYZA! :welcome

Pebbles loves to be on our bed.
The first few times, she did pee on our bed (my wife's side of course ;)).

But soon I trained that behavior out, and she doesn't do it anymore. :)
What did I do? Ilearned Pebbles bathroom habits and her behavior beforeshe lifts up her tailto pee. Soanytime she wants to pee I would pick her up andput her it her litter box. She is verygood with the litter box now. For thepoops, I make sure she doesn't eat anythingbefore Ilet her out. When she eats, forsure she will be pooping within a few minutes.

Another hint, is to wait until she pees before Ilet her on our bed. When she pees, thenI know it is safe for her tocome out.

Rainbows! :D

Thank you all for your suggestions. We definitely will try everything we can to teach Pachi (Pa-Chee).

Last night, when we let Pachi out from her cage, we closed our bedroomdoor. We thought that we will ban Pachi from our bedroom for some timeuntil she forgets it. Pachi was so moody :disgust:and alittle bit aggressive (nipping my finger and my friend’s back). Therewas a loud noise from construction outside and we thought that made hermoody so finally we let her in the bedroom again!

Pachi was in the heaven after all :bunny18, running, speeding, hopping,jumping up and down, and of course POO on our bed. I put a litter boxwith her poops and hay, well, she just enjoyed with hay!

Now we know why she was so moody. She just wanted to be in “HER” bed.It was so nice to see how happy she was. So poor me :cry1justkept picking up her poops and put in her litter box. Last night I hadto ask her permission when I wanted to lay-down. Pachi took over ourbed already!:bunnyheart

Tonight, I’m going to try to pick her up and put in her litter box whenshe’s going to DO it. I learned her body language – her ears, her face,her eyes - when she does that. She is still young, just 9 week old. Shewill learn, right?

Finally, many thanks to rabbitsonline.net. I’m so glad I found this place..

Back