Why is my rabbit doing this?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xooxkimberly

Reaction score
okay so i have a female rabbit who is around 3-5 years old and she was in my bedroom and when I approached her and grabbed her (i was about to pick her up) she lifted her butt really high and peed on the carpet. To clear things up, I pick her up all the time and this never happens. She likes being picked up, sometimes she even jumps onto my chest (thats where she sits when i hold her) so i can pick her up. Then about two minutes after her being she did it again! It was right next to where she already peed. I just got new carpet too *sigh*(lifting her butt really high and peeing) I never saw this before and if anyone could let me know whats going on with my bunny i'd really appreciate it :) thanks

Update: she did it a third time. waiting until i look and then lifting her butt real high and peeing onto the wall AND carpet :/ i really dont like keeping her in her cage but it's to the point where i have to :(

I agree she could be marking the carpet, you could put a toy shes familiar with or maybe a blanket on you carpet and just something shes familiar with.

Very familier with this behaviour, my lop kept going onto the sofa and doing it in the same place. It became an obsessive trait.

This was before being neuted mind, as she has not ever done this again since.

So, as remarked its a very 'my place' thing...

okay thank you! Now i realize that its because the carpets new and it's the first time she saw it, i'm going to try putting things with her scent down! Thanks again everyone :)

Latest posts

Back