why dose my buck thump his foot and pace back and forth?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keowa

Reaction score
ok so my blue dutch buck ALWAYS thumps his foot and jumps back and forth in his cage when i enter the rabbit area. i can eather just be standing there or messing with a diff rabbit and he just thumps away. :?

at first i thought he was maby jelous but when i go to his cage he stops and stays at the back of it (when i got him he was never handled just sat in a cage and only got attention when they put a doe in there with him) he has gotten better at me touching him (exspeshally when i have greens lol ) but why dose he do this? im just curious, he only started it fairly recently, like the past month.

He could just be alerting the other rabbits of your presence. My rabbits always thump when they hear strange noises or if something scares them. One of my recent foster rabbits would thump when I could brush my hair after showering - I don't think he liked the noise it made :p.

Yeah it sounds like he is alerting and or warning! Mr.C thumps and paces when we have male company! Lol funny he doesn't mind women or my husband... But any other men... Haha he is not happy!

Hmmm definitely sounds like an uneasy bunny. Tho some times they will thump for other reasons. Harvey thumps when he's mad at me and some times even when he's excited, he'll thump right as he's about to jump up on the sofa I am on.

well he is up infront of the cage by the door he will even let me pet him threw the wire. and when im over there he is not stomping. the reason he goes to the back of the cage is cause he is weary of people, but he seems to like attentiong (mainly from my bf and mom :/ ) lol

MY RABBIT ROMEO THUMPS ONCE IN AWHILE, I FIND IT QUITE HILARIOUS..LOL:) HE DOES IT AND IT DOESN'T MATTER IF I HAVE JUST HELD HIM OR IF HES BEEN IN HIS CAGE, BUT I HAVE TWO ALPHA MALES WHOM ARE IN SEPARATE CAGES, BUT WHEN ROMEO DOES THE THUMPING THING ITS QUITE A PERSONALITY TRAIT, ITS QUITE TOO CUTE AND HIS LITTLE TOP HAIRS ON HIS HEAD ARE ALL FRAZZLED ..LOL HES ADORABLE WITH HIS LITTLE FACE LOL. IM SO PICTURING HIM..LOL. AND WHEN MY OTHER OLDER RABBIT CINNAMON SEES AND HEARS HIM DOING THE THUMPING HE STARTS BITING HIS CAGE AND STAYS IN ONE OF THE CORNERS OF THE CAGE AND LAYS DOWN IN THE DIRECTION OF ROMEOS CAGE....ITS REALLY TOO FUNNY!!! (THEIR CAGES ARE SIDE BY SIDE, THEY ARE TOO FUNNY THOUGH).

Latest posts

Back