Why does he rip at my shirt?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Konotashi

Reaction score
Salem has done this for quite some time, maybe since a week or so after I got him, but I still have NO idea why he does it.

When I'm laying down and have him sitting on my chest or stomach, he'll dig at me and nibble at my shirts. A lot of the time, the nibbling will turn to biting (at least it seems like it.) Sometimes he gets a bit too excited and gets my skin a little. Why might he do this?

If it'll help, I'll try to get a video of him doing it.

Candy did that a lot. I could be holding her or she could get up there on her own, either way she did it and usually unless I stopped her she would end up biting me. I do not know if it is ment to be agressive or not but it can hurt xD

I don't hold him on my shirt though - he's free to hop on and off of me. He ONLY does it on my shirt though - if I'm sitting up and he's in my lap, he'll either sit there forever or hop off. No digging, scratching, nipping, biting.... Just on my shirt.

My bun did that a lot when he was young. Not really sure why ... it may have been grooming behavior, or play behavior. I would yelp when he does it or push him off of you. It wasn't a habit I wanted to encourage in my little guy, and I found pushing him away and ignoring him was a good way to correct the behavior.

Storm did it when I worked at the shelter before adopting him. You should see all my scrub shirts they all have little holes yes I spoiled storm at the shelter he was my litttle buddy.

He was playing I found out cause he will do it to the carpet now when he wants to play. Storm plays fetch. He does not do it very offen but he gets in his moods

Liffey does the same thing. then we just shoo him to the floor and he sits there and stares at us like "what did i do?" not sure why he does it but i dont think it's an aggression thing. maybe it's a love thing...lol

my rabbit does that when she wants to go in her cage to tinkle. if I don't take her home twhen she does it, she'll pee right on my lap!
Cliff does it because he doesn't like to be held.
I think maybe it's just communication in general?:?:?

They can do they if not altered for hormonal reasons, and will also do it if they are like dominate. Likely, the reason is hormonal though if the bun isn't altered yet.;)

Latest posts

Back