Who's the boss.....?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sabine

Reaction score
ASHA (our new seven week old Netherland dwarf). We've only had her for a few days and she is already asserting herself over the other rabbits (older and about twice her size) It's unbelievable. after a bit of sniffing she kept trying to mount Benny our 12 week old lionhead. We had to pull her away because she wouldn't give him a break. We are also beginning to wonder if she is not a girl but a boy. Rhe last day or to her cage seemed unusally smelly (like Benny's) and i had another look at her genitals (it still looks like girl's bits to me) and there appears to be a slight swelling above them. Could these be the testicles.? I have only girl rabbits except Benny (who the vet thinks is a girl by the way) so I am not to sure what to look for. Could Asha be Ash?

Billy, my Netherland Dwarf bosses me around. He also tries to pick fights with our other bunny (Ronnie) through the plastic barriers. I guess some Nethies are just feisty likes this. I like them that way...gives them character :)

As far as whether you have a boy or a girl, it can be hard to tell at first. When we first got Bob I was worried he might be a girl. The vet said probably a boy but you never know. Now he's older (about 6 months now), and you can DEFINITELY tell he's a boy. I don't know if it varies by breed or anything, but I picked him up one timeand I could see the testicles clear as day. 7 weeks though you won't be able to tell for awhile yet. At 3 months the vet had to do a bunch of poking and prodding and she still wasn't 100% sure.

Back