Who's having July litters?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The mom feeds them two to three times a day, so they could be really full or a little on the empty side. If their stomachs are shriveled and shrunken in, the mother probably isn't feeding them very well. You can flip her on her back, cradle her to support her, and place the kits on her to feed.

What breed(s) are your rabbits? And what breed would the kits be?

Ellie

It is hard to know how many babies she would have had without knowing the breed of rabbit. I would be checking the nest every day to see if any have died (so you can remove them) and to see how the babies are doing.

Let me give an example of what I mean about knowing the breed though. I breed lionheads - which can give anywhere from 2-8 babies (the most I've had is 9). I've been told that Netherland Dwarfs will have less than that (2-4 maybe? I forget) and that many times you'll have peanuts in the litter which won't make it.
However, a larger rabbit like a French Lop might have 12-15 in their litter (so I was told - I don't know that from experience).

Anyway, I would definitely check the babies to see if they're all alive so you can remove any that might have passed away.

Peg

bunny luva wrote:
hi

i havnt still checked them yet but am this afternoon so will there bellys be reli full because the feed at night so surely they wont be very full? it is her first litter and we know they are alive because we have seen movement from under they hey and fur also how many would you think she has had?

thanks any help!:bunnydance:

Clover, my little black Dutch, is expecting her florida-Dutch crossbred litter TOMARROW!! And she already pulled a little fur out, and is starting to carry hay around. I can't wait to see what the babies look like.:bunnydance:

i have 4, all alive and ok!!!!
she is a dutch as is the dad so babies will be pure dutch!!
they all look very dark (black) although mum is a blue dutch and dad is a caramel/brown dutch, will they go lighter?

The Hares are here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heart came through like a trooper with her first litter of 9 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a photo of the newborns. They were still sticky and covered with nestbox fur, so the photo isn't very clear.

Pam

The Hares are doing great! Their tails are so long, it's comical.

Below is a photo comparing a day old Hare with a newborn Dwarf Hotot (Hares are born black with pink bellies).

Pam

hi

bad news one of my babys died it was the weakest one and i guess just couldn't get to the milk like all the others! :(
its really sad and seeing it under them all being squashed was even worse, but i guess life carry's on and i still have the 3 so i am still very very happy! how do u post pictures on here?

I have a litter due tommorow.

Cimmaron Kachina(tort) to Cimmaron Cupid (Tort)

Cant wait until she has them. I'm definatly keeping some babies out of these. Kachina's last litter had a little doe with 2 inch ears. And Cupid has a HUGE mane. :):elephant:

Rhapsody wrote:
I have a litter due tommorow.

Cimmaron Kachina(tort) to Cimmaron Cupid (Tort)

Cant wait until she has them. I'm definatly keeping some babies out of these. Kachina's last litter had a little doe with 2 inch ears. And Cupid has a HUGE mane. :):elephant:

Oh wow - how great - I love lionheads with the smaller ears and huge mane. Let us know how many she has....

Unfortunately, my Cimmaron rabbits had teeny tiny babies that didn't make it a couple of months ago - so I'm going to wait and try again later this fall for a litter or two.

Peg

The first litter of Dwarf Hotot x Mini Rex hybrids was born today! There are 3 very healthy, plump babies. They are all broken marked. One is a lightly marked broken without a butterfly, the other two are very lightly marked with eyebands, a little black on the ear and one has a spot on the back. We'll take these babies and breed them back to purebred Dwarf Hotots.

Matthew's 9 Hares are really growing!

Pam

The second litter of Dwarf Hotot x Mini Rex hybrids was just born! Two are completely black with one white foot (one of them is a peanut). The other two are lightly English Spot marked.

Pam

The last two hybrid litters were born today bringing the total to 14! I sure hope my Hollands produce as well as Matthew's Dwarf Hotots have.

The Hares are 10 days old and their eyes are opening!

Pam

Back