Who raises the hamsters? Imbrium?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AWWW! NO! That is so sad! That poor little hammie!
I agree, maybe you can use the vet bills and the pictures as proof of neglect. I just don't know who you go to with it.

He's in a better place now! Thats what we have to think about. And he knew love for the last days of his life, so he knew that being taken care of was a good thing. Its so good that he went home with you Kaley, it just sucks that he had to go like that.

I hate pet stores.

Ah no. I've seen those little buggers hold on through the most incredible difficulties. Something like that though, it's so much gentler to let them go. Poor little squeaker. I know it's painful and frustrating for you but I'm so glad you found him and took him home. Not easier for you but little Rodney got to be loved and not know fear his last days. Now he's a little dim sum - a dot on your heart. I'm sure between the pictures and the vet bills you've got a strong stand if you can find the right place to bring it to. If the petstore was a chain I'm sure you can get in touch with the corporation and there's no doubt they've got a facebook page as well as a website. If it's only locally owned, there's your local news press (and frankly, when you write, you're engaging and bring the reader right into your world. You would do well in either a letter to the editor or even as a guest writer of an article) as well as the better business bureau and, depending, town hall meetings and local news stations. I've been blessed that the pet stores in my area take great care of their critters. Places that don't need to know that they can't get away with that. If they did it to Rodney, he wasn't, and won't be, the only one unless they're nailed. I wonder if local shelters might have some ideas on ways to point you in the right direction now that you're locked and loaded. Give 'em hell, soldier. But mostly thank you for taking care of little Rodney and giving him a home, a name, and a place to expand his little soul before he went on.

I filed a cruelty report with the Houston SPCA already. I believe they're a locally owned store so I think writing the paper may be the next step. I got my vet here on board and she's going to write an objective analysis on what my little urchin looked like when he came in. I've got two weeks of an empty house, no job, and no distractions to kick this off.

Funnily enough if you read the reviews for this place a lot of them talk about sick animals and fish that die.

I'm so sorry. I'm also sorry I only read the first page before I posted yesterday. At least he's not suffering anymore.

It's all right I figured thats what you did. We're all guilty of it at one time or another. Plus it's good advice. I just want to go to the nearest shelter and scoop up all the wayward hamsters now.

*sigh* it's such a double-edged sword when an animal gets rescued from a bad situation on their way to the rainbow bridge :(

it's wonderful for the animal, who gets to see the kind, loving, gentle side of humanity for once in their poor lives - good food, good living arrangements, proper vet care and someone who genuinely cares about them and does all they can to erase the suffering in the animal's past...

...but at the same time, it's so heartbreaking for the human(s) who saw an animal in bad conditions and used their own time and money to rescue and try to rehabilitate the animal only to have it pass away in the end. I still feel sad over "Lucky Star" passing (the baby rabbit that had horrendous ear mites and was given treatment, introduced to hay and veggies and toys and shown love and concern, then passed away very suddenly after a few months)... and now little Rhodey... I really thought he'd make it!

I'm glad his last week of life was a good one... full of mealies and medical care, with no one attacking him or worsening his injuries. at least you were able to give him that much - he knew something more in his short life than just the horrible conditions of the pet store. he died happy and loved instead of terrified and slipped away gently with the vet's help instead of being murdered by the other hamsters.

if you stay mad enough to see things through, I'm sure there's something that can be done about that **** pet store. you have Jay's number - if you need a fit thrown anywhere once you're back in Texas, just get in touch with him!

Latest posts

Back