Who is messier, boys or girls

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who is messier?

• Your boy bunny

• Your girl bunny

• They are both equally messy

• Neither are messy, :p

Results are only viewable after voting.

Luvmyzoocrew

Reaction score
Before Sooty came to live with us Belle was a very neat bunny, well actually once she got spayed she became really neat. A really neat bunny makes life easier,lol. Then the Soot man came to us, and he is a slob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol Thankfully he doesnt pee out of his box, and he has used his box from the moment he came to us (contrary to what the shelter told us, that he peed out of his cage :shock: i guess if you dont give him a litter pan to pee in the pee is going to go out of the cage) But the poop forget it. His poop falls out of his but while he is asleep :shock::roflmao:lol, i love him but he is a slob,lol. Plus he also re-arranges the cage, he moves the towel in there, toys, and he will move his litter pan out to the middle of the cage :craziness. he will dump his pellets out and then eat them off the coroplast.(idont know if this has to do with his teeth, i even gave him a big bowl for his pellets so he could get his fat face in there to get the pellets)

So i want to know if you notice a difference between your boy buns and your girl buns

I have 3 girls and 3 boys and ALL of my girls are messy. The boys are better at using the litter boxes and don't dig the litter out either.

I only have one bun who is a boy. He's really good about his litterbox and I never see pee or poop anywhere else. But he digs up EVERYTHING in his cage, hay ends up everywhere, pellets spilled all over the floor, pieces of cardboard everywhere, he throws his toys off of the shelve in his cage... He's just like his mom really ;)I'm really messy too :p

I have three girls, all three are very neat and tidy, never go out of the litter tray,their areasare kept relatively tidy,and they aren't spayed yet. Not even Madison who's going through the "teenage phase" right now. :DLucky me! ;)

But, in theory, all neutered males and spayed females should be tidy, guess it doesn't always work like that. :p

I have two girls and two boys and my girls are SLOBS!

The boys are very clean. There's never much to clean on cleaning day, but the girls make the biggest messes with their hay, their litter boxes and when they're not happy, they pee outside their boxes, just to make me pay.

My two girlies are complete opposites. Belle is SUPER neat. ALWAYS using her litterbox, never tips over her pellets, doesn't kick out her litter.

But Maggie on the other hand. Doesn't use her litterbox for 90% of the time, tips over her pellets, and makes huge messes with her hay. But then again, I think Maggie's kind of stuck in the teenager stage. I hope it ends soon. I don't ever remember Belle going through it. But I think Belle had possibly already gone through it before we got her, they said they weren't sure of her age.

I've never had a boy bunny yet, but my girl Macey, is neat. The only problem I have with her is that she likes to tip over her pellets. Other than that, she's very neat. She even likes to keep her toys in one pile. :)

Equally messy rabbits over here. Madilyn did teach Mallory that it was "okay" to pee and poop outside of the litter box though.

Morgan is "alright" with his litter box. He still pees outside of it though, every now and then.

^ I hope they are having good litter box habits with Peg right now, though :p.

Marlin Bunny....perfecto with his litter box. The only poopies that are outside of the litter box, are the poopies that get stuck to his hair...then fall off.

I voted girl bunny :D.

I find my girl rabbits tend to mark with poops and shred paper and chuck things around more than my boys.

my boy is a typical male - leaves mess everywhere! i clean my bedroom from top to bottom once a week but i have to give it a vacuum and general tidy every single day because ludo makes massive messes - drags his shredded newspaper all over the carpet, throws his toys around the room, takes his vegies from out of the bowl and leaves dregs of them all over the carpet, etc. he's a messy little monster but i love him :)

I have quite a few examples in my barn, and three fourths of the time the boys are messier. I do have one doe, though, that is such a pain to clean up after. She doesn't even pick a corner, she just goes everywhere! So mainly it is the individual I think, as most of my boys aren't neutered yet, so would be messier anyway. :D

Well I voted girl because Lucy was soooo messy!

BUT;

The babies all use their litter box (at the minute,LOL!) and they are mostly girls. Charlie is a messy slob man, bit like my hubby and my sons!!!!! So maybe I should have voted for the boys!

My sister-in-laws bunnies are terrible slobs, they both poo where they like and Max often sprays out of his cage :shock:Nice!

sarah x

I voted girl. I don't have a girl bun but, my sister's(buck rogers) bun ella is a very messy girl!:biggrin2::p

i had a male rabbit before my 2 girls now and he never used a litter tray or even went to the loo in one place.

Daisy happily uses a litter tray and Dandy will at least make a pile in the corner although she wont sue a litter tray. if you put one where she poos she will a make pile next to it! lol

Our boy is a little neat nik, but our girl loves to pull the hay out of her litter box and throw it all over the place. he will tidy up the towel where they sleep and she'll pull it every which way. He eats his greens on the plate, and she'll pull them off to eat where she wants.

They are both pure cuties and we love them dearly but she is the messier of the two.

Martha

i laughed so hard from the original post. my boy thumper he rearranges his cage, he also prefers to move his litter pan to the center of the cage. he is so crazy.. he has a twin personality of your bunny he does everything sooty does. he cant flip his bowl anymore as he used to have a platic but now he has a ceramic

All my bunnies have their messy qualities.

Gingivere (doe) likes to go outside the litter box when it suits her. Doesn't matter how clean the box is or how dirty. It's all dependent on her mood. She also loves to pee on me. That's right! If I put her in bed with me for a snuggle all will go well for a bit. Then she will hop around leaving poops in her wake. Shortly thereafter she'll let loose with the flow of bunny pee.... usually on my feet. *sigh* Good thing I like to wash my comforter often. :biggrin2:

Pipkin (buck) likes to rearrange the furniture: move the box, toss the dish, etc. But I think that is mostly motivated by his love of chewing and playing. He never goes outside the box. If I put him in bed with me he will lay there for hours without even so much as one poop.

Emmaline (doe) is an absolute SLOB!!! She loves to have her home in disarray. She lives with Pipkin. So after he moves the litter box, she kicks all the litter out. She tosses hay around so that it looks like a party where there's been Silly String used. She likes to throw her pellets across the cage and hop around to eat them. Another of her hobbies is to have a tossed salad at dinner. LITERALLY TOSSED! She could get a job at a restaurant (shades of Ratatouille.)

So...I voted females as sloppiest.

Latest posts

Back