white vinegar for neutralization

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunny34422

Reaction score
I've decided to start ordering another pen and supplies needed for bonding, I'm so excited (my wallet is not lol!). When using vinegar to neutralize, is there one type thats better than the other? I was thinking of just buying bottles of distilled white vinegar like the one pictured below, or should I be looking for 'cleaning' vinegar? What's the vinegar-to-water ratio for cleaning or how do you guys do it? Sorry for the dumb question haha I just want to make sure I'm doing it right :)

Attachments

• 5E1DBBFC-864F-4169-AB55-4982B1E15519.jpeg
    5E1DBBFC-864F-4169-AB55-4982B1E15519.jpeg
    56.8 KB · Views: 1
I honestly don't know the difference between cleaning vinegar vs. white distilled vinegar... but I think either are equally effective. I would just be mindful if "cleaning" vinegar has additives that would make you want to be more thorough with making sure things are fully rinsed/dried before allowing rabbit exposure. I just by large bottles of distilled white, just as you have pictured.

For ratio, I have been re-using the same spray bottle for 4 years for litterbox cleaning and I eye-ball a 50-50 ratio. My opinion is that the more vinegar, the more effective. That being said, it also smells stronger, though that ultimately goes away when you wipe/over time! I know of some people who don't even dilute it honestly, but then that seems like a lot of vinegar to go through, haha.

Back