White Urine?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

Hey there in actually struggling with the same issue with my bunny having chalky urine but it's not entirely white. It's mixed yellow thick whitish kinda urine. But it's coz of my kale feeding as I can't find lettuce or grass to feed him here where I stay. How did you finally got your rabbit to urine yellow and clear again? Please advice me. I'm really worried about my rabbit. And here I can't get Timothy hay. I just buy this Kiki heno hay online that I can find

Have you tried the website Small Pet Select they have Timothy hay:) and toys!

This is not really bladder sludge – I’ve had many rabbits with true bladder sludge and it’s very pasty and thick. White urine is normal.
Nowadays most vets do not think that diet alone has much to do with bladder sludge either. They think it’s more metabolic rather than diet related. However I do think that many of them think that alfalfa based pellets are not good because of higher calcium alot moreso than vegetables which have plenty of water to dilute any calcium. But like I said and if you read the article on HRS, diet alone is not truly the culprit…this is hugely misunderstood by rabbit owenrs.
Most bladder sludge rabbits are usually older rabbits who have arthritis or some sort of mobility problem. It seems to be that most of my true bladder sludge rabbits were also larger. Most rabbits with true bladder sludge will posture and truly have problems urinating and have urine scald. And all my rabbits eat the same thing (exept some get no pellets) so I think it’s more likely genetic, size, lack of exercise, etc…moreso than the diet.

My lionhead Diesel has this. When we went in for our regular vet visit, the vet noticed it. It got pretty bad and he was still only 2 years old. They did surgery to clean it out but it came back. The vet said he is probably in a little bit of pain but she didn't want to open him up again. Its been over a year and he still has it but his demeanor hasn't changed, so I think he is managing the pain. Don't you wish they could talk?
In the meantime, I don't feed anything with high calcium (he loves broccoli but its a no-no), try to sprinkle water on his lettuce and playfully chase him around the room every night to keep him moving a bit.

Ohmy. It hurts. I really feel you. I was really worried that my bunny might have to go through that as well. I really pray that your bunny heals from this pain. And yes I do wish they could talk or at least make sound to let me know they are in pain. It hurts to see them in pain but yet so silent. I often get confused if my bunny is doing alright. I'm sure your bunny someday will be entirely cured from this!

This is not really bladder sludge – I’ve had many rabbits with true bladder sludge and it’s very pasty and thick. White urine is normal.
Nowadays most vets do not think that diet alone has much to do with bladder sludge either. They think it’s more metabolic rather than diet related. However I do think that many of them think that alfalfa based pellets are not good because of higher calcium alot moreso than vegetables which have plenty of water to dilute any calcium. But like I said and if you read the article on HRS, diet alone is not truly the culprit…this is hugely misunderstood by rabbit owenrs.
Most bladder sludge rabbits are usually older rabbits who have arthritis or some sort of mobility problem. It seems to be that most of my true bladder sludge rabbits were also larger. Most rabbits with true bladder sludge will posture and truly have problems urinating and have urine scald. And all my rabbits eat the same thing (exept some get no pellets) so I think it’s more likely genetic, size, lack of exercise, etc…moreso than the diet.

Thank you!

You could also look at a farming store. They normally have horse feed and you can sometimes find timothy hay by the horse supplies.

Back