white stomach

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnylover78642

Reaction score
On red mini rexes are white bellies really a DQ? I just read this and it is disappointing because of Leo. He has a VERY light cream/white belly!!

bunnylover78642 wrote:
On red mini rexes are white bellies really a DQ? I just read this and it is disappointing because of Leo. He has a VERY lightcream/white belly!!
There is a difference in color from Cream, Off White, to White. If all you have to compare is just him... I'd suggest getting a piece of white paper and compare his coloring to it. Based on what I can see in his pictures, I'd bet he's more cream than you think. Besides, White belly color is only a severe fault, not DQ'd.

Now, what you do need to check for before entering him in shows is his under color. ANY Blue orGray is an immediateDQ. The best place to check for this is on the red colored area of his chest and on his lower hindquarters.

He defiently doesn't have any coloring of blue or gray underneath. He has a thin coat though. You think that is a DQ? Its not PLUSHY! But it is soft and nice looking. Just not a full as i would like it.

Latest posts

Back