White Pee Stain

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StormyB

Reaction score
So I know that a white pee stain means too much protein in Honey's urine. However, Honey is on the EXACT same diet as my other two rabbits, including getting the same snacks at the exact same time. Yet she is the only one of my three who's pee is white. She is also the only one who is pooping and peeing in her water which is probably why her pee is white. How do I convince her not to poop and pee in her water and drink it? I can't give her a water bottle, she doesn't know how to drink out of a bottle.
Does having too much protein in her urine harm her? Or is it completely harmless and therefore doesn't matter??

You might want to try transitioning her to a water bottle. Put one out and slowly reduce the amount of water in the bowl. Show her how to hit the ball to make the water come out or maybe put her nose to it. Some of our rabbits have whiteish pee stains sometimes and they're healthy. You might also consider getting a crock that attaches to the side of the cage so the water is off the floor. She can't pee in it that way.

I think the white in pee is calcium and it can be perfectly normal. Here's a video where people look at rabbit pee on paper and discuss what is normal it might help you. [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiwPqQlvEPI[/ame]

Hi -- thanks for the video link! I knew the content but ive never seen such a nice comprehensive presentation before.

Latest posts

Back