White buns

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The orange lips are really cute when they eat carrots . . .

rabbit_eating_carrot_lg.gif

pamnock wrote:
The orange lips are really cute when they eat carrots . . .

rabbit_eating_carrot_lg.gif

Same with pumpkin!

My hotots have yellow feet from not being good with thelitterbox. Are you keeping him on a wire or solidfloor? Of course, when I got them they were really yellow allover from the dirty wire floor. So make sure you clean that,too.

I was thinking about posting a similar question.My NZ White has dirty feet from getting into places where my cleaningladies don't clean. She cleans her own feet, but they still are a lightbrown. Since she hates being picked up, it would be hard to clean them.That is, she wouldn't be happy about it. I'm fine with letting her feetbe naturally light brown, but if any of you think I should try to cleanthem, I'll give it a try. And yes, under her tail there is a bit oflight yellow. My visitors can't see any of this unless they catch herwhen she is hopping away or laying down, showing her feet.

Nancy

PS: I have cleaning ladies not because I'm rich but because I live in acountry where labor is cheap. I pay my ladies above the going rate, andthey liked me enough to continue cleaning for me even after I movedacross town. The money they make probably goes back to their familiesin their village, so not only do I get a clean apartment, but I feellike I'm helping the poor. They come twice a week and get the cleaningdone in an hour. Each month they get about twenty dollars each, whichis a nice supplement to their income from my old school. They clean theschool's library.

i'm very lucky, Sullivan is white but only thevery bottom of his paws are dark grey. so he doesn't get the yellowishlooking paws.

he does have this tiny spot of dirt on his head, but he needs to settle in before i try to clean him :).

Nicole

China bun, if you want to get yourbunnies feet cleaner try a little wash up liquid in warm water with alittle vinegar, we also have a white bunny and know how hard it issometimes to keep those little feet clean. I am not gauranteeing itwill get them spotless but cleaner yes. Just takecare to get all the suds out when you finish.

the only thing is that topic is about cleaningwhite rabbits, i want to know if there is anything else i should avoidlike newspaper and grass, so he doesnt get dirty?

Rabbits white ,black , brown , any color you can thinkof live in my garage ., Its by no means 100 % spicand span spotless , after all its agarage , My White rabbits , brokensand solid colors all stayfairly clean , they keepthemselves clean , common sensemandates if it makes your hands dirty itwill make them dirty . Idont let my rabbits around news papers ,and keep litter boxes , andcages clean enough not to haveto worry about washing themeveryother day .

Just an after thought NO white RabbitStays Prisiene white , white attractsdirt like a magnet , it alsoattracts yellowing , greying , andmost all other stuff it can thinkof . thats one of the hazzardsof white anything be it rabbit, dog , cat, or vehicle. Even a Polar Bear isnt a true white, it boarderson a creamy color .

thanks, I just hope I can keep him as clean ashe is now, they are cleaned out everyday so hopefully he wont gethimself into too much mess, but then again he is a boy lol

gypsy wrote:
Even a Polar Bear isnt a true white, itboarders on a creamy color .

It's amazing when you line up a number of white rabbits of differentbreeds and fur types. The stark difference in all the"whites" is amazing.

The flyback coats with more thick guard hairs have a grayish castcompared to the softer rollback coats that are closer to a truer white.

A polar bear's coat has a translucent hair shaft much like that of asatin rabbit -- this can give the coat a yellowed ivory cast.

Now back to the question of how to keep that white coat clean-- we use dry shampoo products that can be applied to the furwet and do not require rinsing. In the US, that type ofcleaning product is ARBA show "legal". Silicone basedproducts such as Show Sheen or powders are not allowed to be used.

Natural products that can be used to clean the coat are lemon juice,white vinegar or a mix of baking soda and water. Theseproducts should not be applied before a show. It is oftenmore effective to use a number of treatments. If the rabbitis very stained or covered in sticky urine, a warm bath with dishsoapcan be helpful in getting the entire rabbit, or just the feet, clean.

Pam

Pam-what is the stuff you use before a show,where do you find it?? Lexi gets a tiny yellow tinge now and then andI'd like to get that cleaned up for next weekend!!!!

We use Classicoat. There are a numberof similar "no-rinse" shampoos on the market for pets. Justbe sure it is an unscented brand if using it before a show.As a general rule, anything that claims to "add" something to the coat(such as sheen or a scented product) is a "no-no". Productsto clean or remove stains are fine.

We purchase it at shows. Most rabbit supply companies also carry it including bunnyrabbit.com

Pam

Thanks much...I may just wait and pick some upfrom one of the vendors....prolly be better stuff than you find atPetsmart etc...

Pam, does the Classicoat doanythingto the colered part of the coat when you useit? Zatch is totally spotless right now, and I hope I cankeep him that way (Peg must have kept him under glass).

gypsy wrote:
Even a Polar Bear isnt a true white,
Don't know why but this little part cracked me up withlaughter, just the way I read it made it seem so blazae LOL.

Very true though, there aren't too many pure white animals at all on this earth

Back