Which one (or two) would you buy?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undergunfire

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
I have the chance to get some bunny toys this Sunday at the bunny picnic (with no shipping costs) that I have always wanted to buy, but ever wanted to pay $15+ in shipping costs for a hunk of cardboard. Luckily I have some premade rat hammocks all cut up & ready to be sewn to sell on the rat forum, so this will give me the extra money to spoil the buns a bit.

Soooo....which would you buy? If you have any one on these, then how do your buns like it?

Cottontail Cottage....
CottontailCottage.jpg

Mini Maze (kind of the same as the cottage??)....
MiniHaven.jpg

Bunny maze....
maze.jpg

Aaaand I think I am going to buy this for Marlin. I know, a cardboard box with a hole in it would work just as well, but I really think this is cute and matches my bun room. Plus, Marlin has teeth issues and will not chew this up, so it will last forever!
dreamcottage.jpg

I have the chance to get little foot toys and stuff, as well as various willow toys....but I'd rather get them some neat play houses that I know will provide more entertainment for the long run then a little toy would.

Oh my gosh, I highly recommend the cottontail cottage, and the minimaze since it is dual level like the cottage. My buns LOVE the cottage so much. Kirby and Toby play separately and when they are let out they BOTH like to go in there and spend hours sitting in it, climbing up and down, tearing it apart. I got my cottage months ago and they have been playing with it since day one, and still do. It's the best $16.99 I ever spent on a toy because they actually love it. Any small or medium size rabbit would have fun in it. The ramp is a little small, but an agile bun could hop up to the upper levels without a problem. The different levels and holes to peek out from are so much fun for them.

The Maze Haven is the best bunny invention of all time. Otto is obsessed with his maze and now he and Hannah share it all the time. It's fantastic. And you can buy replacement pieces if they get too chewed up.

Hi Amy, Lilli is doing great. I usually go to Smith's and get boxes from the produce guys or when we buy something. We also saved a lot of moving boxes. So, with a ready supply of cardboard and my handy razor knife, I can duplicate any of the ones you've shown. The favorite ones here are the long narrow boxes with the ends opened and apple boxes with holes on both ends and a litter box full of shredded newspaper. Remember that any one you get will only be temporary as they are all chew toys and will slowly disappear.

Alright...maybe I will definitely get the Cottontail Cottage and the Dream Cottage (for Marlin. I will think about getting the Maze because that is $70 right there all together on cardboard, LOL!! Luckily if I sell both my premade rat sets on the rat forum, that I'll have that money to spend. I think the Maze would be great for Molly and Morgan (and Brody & Marlin when they are out playing) and then my foster bunny that I am getting from Zooh Corner (in Cali) could enjoy the Cottontail cottage out in the living room :biggrin:.

Larry....I wish I could make these things and make them look as nice, but I can't and I've got some OCD tendencies :p. Glad to hear Miss Lilly Baby is doing well! We might be coming to Vegas for a grooming expo this fall, so I will keep you posted!

wow they are all great toys!!! I'd love to get the maze for my buns, thing is I've never seen anything like it in the UK, anyone know of anything simular I can buy over here?

Mrs. PBJ wrote:
1 3 and 4 I know they will like them thats what I would get
Yeah, I think I will just buy the bigger maze, Cottage, and the Dream Cottage. I guess it will be worth the money because my cats will also LOVE the maze and Cottage, LOL! Plus, the proceeds from the sale go to the rescue bunnies at Tranquility Trail :D.

My bunnies have the cottage and the large maze. They hate the cottage so much, I didn't bother to put it out for them when we moved last year. I used to have it with a flat piece of cardboard underneath, and they would go in and tear up that piece of cardboard. Any box will work for that, though. It was extremely rare for them to go to the second or third levels, though. I think the ramps inside a difficult for them to navigate.

The Maze Haven, on the other hand, every bun has loved since day one. I have it stacked in two levels, due to space, but keep the top holes blocked off. The cardboard is slippery for them, and they have problems jumping off the top; I don't want them to hurt themselves. (I just set a carpet sample on the top, which blocks the holes and also adds a bit of weight so the whole maze doesn't slide around the floor quite as much.). I bought mine before the Mini Maze came out, otherwise I might have gone with the mini. I think the decision between the large and small mazes is dependent on how much space/money you want to use.

Also, if you get either maze, do not throw away the oval pieces you punch out of the holes!!!!! I used them to make 3-d chew/throw toys. Just cut one slit halfway through the oval. Then, slide two ovals together. (Leave the slits narrow so they fit snugly.). Instant toy! (My bunnies ignored the flat pieces, but like to toss the 3-d ones.)

At the shelter, we use the boxes that the shipper sends "Nature's Miracle" cleaner in to the store--they're perfect little bunny houses, a lot like the "Magic Dream Cottage" (but not as cute), and cheap as free!

BethM wrote:
My bunnies have the cottage and the large maze. They hate the cottage so much, I didn't bother to put it out for them when we moved last year. I used to have it with a flat piece of cardboard underneath, and they would go in and tear up that piece of cardboard. Any box will work for that, though. It was extremely rare for them to go to the second or third levels, though. I think the ramps inside a difficult for them to navigate.

The Maze Haven, on the other hand, every bun has loved since day one. I have it stacked in two levels, due to space, but keep the top holes blocked off. The cardboard is slippery for them, and they have problems jumping off the top; I don't want them to hurt themselves. (I just set a carpet sample on the top, which blocks the holes and also adds a bit of weight so the whole maze doesn't slide around the floor quite as much.). I bought mine before the Mini Maze came out, otherwise I might have gone with the mini. I think the decision between the large and small mazes is dependent on how much space/money you want to use.

Also, if you get either maze, do not throw away the oval pieces you punch out of the holes!!!!! I used them to make 3-d chew/throw toys. Just cut one slit halfway through the oval. Then, slide two ovals together. (Leave the slits narrow so they fit snugly.). Instant toy! (My bunnies ignored the flat pieces, but like to toss the 3-d ones.)
I have my Maze Haven in one level. The one I have now is about six months old and the buns have almost entirely chewed out the inside (the "maze" part). They still love going in it. I just pick it up and prop it against the wall when not in use. I also save the oval punch pieces for chew toys. I do have a brand new one waiting to be put together, but the old one still has a bit of life left in it!

kirbyultra wrote:
$70?! But the cottontail cottage is pretty cheap. Is the dream house that expensive?

The large maze is $30, and bot the dream house and cottage are 20 a piece!

I think with the space you have to get the larger maze..I myself am going to opt out for the mini maze and cottage when I get the money!

Yep...my total is $67. The Cottontail Cottage is about $17, large maze is $30, and the Dream Cottage is $20. I feel comfortable purchasing them now because I won't have to pay shipping, if I did have to pay shipping, then it would be nearly $100. Aaaand, the bunnies need something new anyway - even if the maze only lasts a month, then I think it would have been worth it to give them hours of fun :D.

I'm getting the Dream Cottage for Marlin because I think he'd love it....he doesn't play with toys due to his teeth issues, so I think spending $20 on a cute cardboard house for him is worth it :p. I'm going to give Molly & Morgan the maze and Brody & Marlin can use it when they come out (separately) for play times. I'll probably save the Cottontail Cottage for my Zooh Corner foster bun...I can even switch the maze & C-cottage around between bunnies/playtimes if I wanted to.

I'm just glad I decided to sew up & sell some rattie beds or else I wouldn't be able to afford these new things for the bunnies.

I found a website for a pet shop in California last night that had these, but I can't find it now! Can you give
e a link?

MCatCar wrote:
I found a website for a pet shop in California last night that had these, but I can't find it now! Can you give
e a link?
Mary, I purchased my maze and cottage from Busybunny.com. I think they have the dream cottage, too. I know there are other places who carry these, but I can't think of them right off.

Back