Which Breed?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dido the black nethie that comes round in my avatar was my heart bun. HE had a fab personality and although aloof got so jealous if i hugged another bun.

Now ALfie is probably theclosest I have he is totally different from DIdo follows me everywhere if he can. Is very sooky and cuddly and occasionally likes to give me a groom. Gorgeous boy also a nethie but a siamaese smoke.

Also SUn my chinchilla doe she is gorgeous and very sooky too very much a mummies girl :biggrin2:

I have also had dwarf lops and lionheads but i always gravitate towards teh nethies personalities more.

Hey, where's the BWB Brigade?!

I was not looking for a rabbit, and in fact had every reason in the world not to get one, when my New Zealand white doe (a.ka. a Big White Bunny) Cassidy came along. She is alternately goofy, intense, snuggly, demanding, and sweet, as the mood strikes her. Our bond couldn't be tighter, and I count myself intensely lucky to have her.

Macey is my heart bunny, and even though she is bonded with Keiran we still have that connection we had even before him. She's a holland lop. She loves to cuddle and lick you to death! I looove her so much.

i have had a few heart bunnies.

my first was trixie,a holland lop,she was the first rabbit i owned and the love we had for each other was monumental.

second is herman, my little english lop boy. if i had to pick a heart breed (not what breed my heart bunny is/was, but the breed itself) it would be the english lop. living with an english lop is like living in a slapstick comedy hour show. i don't think i have had any animal or person in my life that brought so much humor, and chaos, in a single day. once herman discovered how to escape from his pen, instead of being the smart bunny and keeping his freedom, he decided to share his joy with a sleeping me. mad-dash around the room, jump onto the bed, bunny 500 over my legs and up my back, binky onto my pillows, and brush the wiskers on my skin lightly enough to imitate a bug creepin in the sheets with me. i startle awake to herman in my face with an "O-M-G mom!you would not believe it, but i got out of my cage! all by myself!"

now there is winnie, a mini lop,which is odd, because i got winnie before herman, but it wasn't untill herman's death that winnie gained the heart bunny title. i think we became so close because both of us were so depressed by herman's death that we clung to each other in an attempt to get thru it. now i think that i am honestly closer with her that i ever was to trixie or herman simply because she is free range, sleeps with me at night, and becomes severly depressed if i am gone for more then 24 hours. her dependency on me only reflects mine on her.

so those are my 3 heart bunnies, a holland lop, and english lop, and a mini lop.

can you tell i am a lop person?

My heart-bunny is Autumn. I don't really know what she is mix with, but I am thinking Netherland Dwarf, because of her small ears, and then Harlequin because if you look at her you can see she has some black streaks/spots and she has had many babies that were harelquin colored. I know that other breeds can also having Harlequin coloring, but I am thinking this is what she is mixed with.

I am not that bonded with Autumn but I love her to death. She is so sweet, and she is the only rabbit in our rabbitry that does the most binkies and does the rabbit 500 when out playing.:biggrin2:I am going to work on getting bonded with her, I have tried; spending time with her, holding my hand above her (got from my sister) and sticking my face in her cage a bit to see what she does. lol. So I hope that she can be bonded soon!

I was just wondering, what really is a heart-bunny?

My heart bunny for sure is Roxie. Roxie is a mix between a English spot and Hotot. She is my baby. She will lick me to death if I snuggle up with her. She does every odd thing you can imagine!Because she was from a rescue, she was quite skittish. The first few months of our relationship was the hardest. I was on crutches and she was a single rabbit. Once Bud and Rox got bonded,she immediately became more social.

As for Buddy, the mini lop, I never really felt connected to him until we got Roxie. He was always "Megan's Bunny". Now I feel as closer than ever to him. He makes me laugh so much.

Hannah

Magic-Star is my first bunny - so he's my heart bunny. He is believed to be of American Sable & Dutch....but we're not sure. When I first got him he was very skittish and hated to be touched, or held, and approached. Over time he has become the sweetest, gentlest bunny. He loves to give kisses to certain people - those who he knows well and trusts. He always wants to be pet and given attention. If you don't give him attention he watches you until you notice him.

My other heart-bunny is a purebred Mini Rex doe, Lily. She's so sweet and lovable. She used to be a house-bunny, so whenshe lived in the house with Ray for a while, she was absolutely adorable. As soon as she went back outside, she was a little brat! Lol. But she still is loveable all the time. She LOVES to give kisses, she loves pets, she loves to stand up against you and just be close to you. She's really just a sweet, sweet girlly.

Emily

I've only ever owned these two Netherland Dwarfs so I'm not sure how they compare to other breeds in terms of bonding to people. Both Billy and Ronnie are bonded to me in their own ways.

Billy likes to boss me around and demands my attention, at which point he will dance for me. If I get down on all fours and try to pet him, he will jump up on my back as if to show me who's boss. He also gets very jealous when I spend any time with Ronnie. Billy will rip up pieces of the carpet to get me away from Ronnie.He likes to get people's attention by causing mischief:)

Ronnie (as many of you know) likes to run circles around my legs, tries to hump my arm, and will groom my foot if I'm not paying attention to him. He likes to have his head petted and will groom my hand if I put it in front of his face. He also gets jealous if I spend time playing with Billy. Ronnie will pull at the large plastic gate to get me to run over to him because I'm afraid he's misaligning his teeth.

I can't say breedbecause I have a bond to each of mine and only two are the same breed.

And 3 are mixed breeds!

Latest posts

Back