Where To Get Pellets

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BACI

Reaction score
There have been threads on what type of food members use

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.phid=3225&forum_id=1&page=4

does anyone have a great suplier you would like others to know about? It has been brought to my attention some members in certain areas have limitted access to feeds.

We buy ours at "Farm and Lawn" in Woodstock,IL. It is plain pellets... I can't remeber the brand but I may switch after reading the above thread and due to the latest addition to our family (Bella, flemish). I was unaware they need more protein than say a mini-lop. Still researching this, so any experts with advice feel free to chime in.

I feed Harper Timothy Complete Rabbit Pellets, sold at Petsmart. He was on L/M Basic, thenI found out it was horrible for him. He was also overweight with rough hair. When I switched him to the Timothy Complete, he lost weight, toned up, and his coat is gorgeous. He's been on it about 6 months now.

Rabbits will vary as to what pellets work well for them, & owners will often favor one type or brand over another, for whatever reasons. I feed standard Big Red from the local farm & garden store. 25 pounds for $10 & change. Only about a dollar more than the ten pound bag!

I got a big bag of pellets from a feed store, and I'll never turn back to store pellets! Healthier coats, more energy, love them better, bigger droppings, and a bigg appetite for hay (for some odd reason).

They are the otter co-op type, I think they are called excel energy or something? I'll have to look at the bag I can't remember.

I feed mine three kinds of pellets, from all three types of outlets. (Yeah, I don't know if I'm obsessed ... or indecisive). :cool:

Iget OxbowBunny Basics T(imothy) from my vet at $15 for this little bitty bag. :shock:

I get a decent but not as goodTimothy pellet by Martin, Little Friends LessActive for about $7 fora bag twice asbig at the overpriced Bosley's chain.

And I've got thisgigantic bag of bulkalfalfa pellets froma feed store (in Abbotsford?) or thelocal Co-op (I think in Yaletown in Vancouver?), not sure how much it was, though.Just that it was cheap! (It came with two of the newer bunnies, and it was all they would eat at first).

sas

I think it was around 7 or 8 dollars? I'll have to see if I can find that pink slip from the bag tomorrow. I don't want to bother the girls beauty sleep again by gonig down there and turning the light on. ;)

I get Oxbow Bunny Basics T from a pet store. I don't like this particular store and I wish I still lived closer to the one I used to go to that didn't sell live animals and was very rescue-oriented. Shipping is so expensive for pellets though.:?

Baci, what's the protein percent on your pellets? Adult flemish just need normal 16% or less protein pellets.

Where does everyone get their timothy pellets? I can't find any locally that is not kaytee, which I do not like. Right now my bun is on oxbow, but I'm open to other brands of timothy pellets.

Kaytee Timothy Complete for rabbits is actually comparable to Oxbow with only a slightly lower level of fiber and 13% protein instead of 14% as Oxbow has. You can order Oxbow online as well and sometimes it's actually cheaper than buying it at a store.

What is it? (the only thing of theirs i feed is the timothy cubes. Never had good luck with any sort of loose hay).

ratmom, I had never heard of ethoxyquin, but I just started reading about it on the internet. I feed Harper Kaytee's Timothy Complete, but I do believe that I will be switching to Oxbow very soon. I want to keep my babies as healthy as possible! I have the guinea pigs on Kaytee's Timothy Complete for guinea pigs, and I will be switching them to Oxbow as well.

The tim cubes at least are labled as being preservative-free.

I always had problems with loose hay (spoiled bales, & could not find any pet hay my buns would eat). The all like the tim cubes, maybe in part because it has some alfalfa content, mainly to provide enough moisture to hold the cubes together. I break it up partly, which helps them to get at it.

Latest posts

Back