where to get a new bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1234bunnies777

Reaction score
I have had many difficulties in the past getting my bunnies and I was wondering from all of your experience where is the best place to get a good pet bunny.

Both of my rabbits were adopted from local animal shelters. They came already spayed/neutered and Timmy even has a microchip.

It all depends what you want. If you want an adult who is already neutered so you don't have to go through that hassle, then go to a shelter. Shelters also are the place to go to find a rabbit to bond with one you already have. Going to petfinder.com or adoptapet.com might lead you to the right shelter close enough to you to get to.

Welcome Haley! I highly recommend Luv-n-bunns. http://www.luvnbunns.org/

They are local and Carol is great at matching the right bunny personality with what you are looking for. All rabbits are already spayed/neutered. It looks like you already have a couple buns, so if you want to get a bond mate you can take them for a date to make sure everybun gets along.

If you would ever like to stroll in the park with my buns let me know, we live very close. :)

There is contact information on their web page. I got Houdini from them and that is where I get my pellets. Luv-n-bunns even has a great christmas party each year that the bunnies are invited to. :)

I also wanted to agree that a rabbit rescue is a great place to get a pet bunny. Almost all (all but my first) of mine have come from various rescues over the years. I've had nothing but positive experiences with each of them.

I'd also like to differentiate between a shelter and a rabbit rescue. Too many times, the dog/cat type shelters don't have a clue about bunnies. They don't care for them properly. Their vets don't know rabbits well, and the shelter doesn't house them very well. The rabbit rescues, on the other hand, tend to know each of their rabbits individually and can tell you the personality/temperament of each one. The rescuersare a wealth of bunny care information and truly want their adopted bunnies to go to a proper forever home.

luvnbunns looks like a great option :big wink:

I highly recommend a shelter/humane society as well. Being a student I couldn't really afford the $225 neuter all the vets wanted around here... so, I went to my humane society and got Buster for $30, already neutered. :)

It's also nice because then you can really see their personality as well!

Adopting a rabbit can be a very good choice.
1. They often come Spayed/Neutered (Getting a bun fixed can be costly)
2. You can get one which is likely to be full sized (No unexpected giant buns)
3. Find one with a personality suited to you (Buns are like cats/dogs each one is a little bit different and special)
4. Help give a bun another chance

Reputable Breeders can be a good choice.
1. Get an unfixed pedigreed bunny
2. Usually good healthy stock
3. You know how the bun was raised and socialized

Overall I suggest adopting for pet bunnies since you are not trying to breed the bunny and are unlikely to want to enter it into shows. Which I see as the main two reasons to get a breeder bun.

I can recommend littlemiraclesrr.org . They are about an hour away from you and have nearly 100 spayed/neutered rabbits to choose from.

Latest posts

Back