Where to buy rabbit food

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joy1

Reaction score
Hello,

The place I live does not have big pet stores. I get rabbit pallet frompetco in other cities. My bun does not seem to likethetimothy hay I got. My question is what is the best way to get nutriousfood for your bunny. Do you all order on line? If so, which website?

Thanks in advance.

:bunnydance:

I usually buy hay from local farmers.Here's some sites where farmers list hay for sale, maybe you can findsomeone near you?

http://www.hayexchange.com/
http://www.fsa.usda.gov/FSA/webapp?area=online&subject=landing&topic=hay
http://www.haybarn.com/main/index.asp

I've also ordered large boxes from Oxbow. They have goodservice and good quality. I've also heard good things aboutordering online from Bunny Bales, Kleenmama's, and Farmer Dave.

Petco has some decent pellets such as Kaytee Timothy Complete for adultbuns. If you'd rather order than drive, you can order pelletsdirectly from Oxbow (I love their pellets). I've heard goodthings about Rabbitstop.com, and I've had a good experience with LeithPetwerks.

Does your area have a feed store? Thatis where we get all our pet products. The quality there isgreat, and the staff are all usually very knowledgable and eager tohelp :)

For instance, (I know this is a cat story, but it illustrates my point;) ), my sis' vet recommended a certain brand of cat food, but it washorrendously expensive! She went to her feed store, and theywere able to match it with a brand they carry for 1/3 theprice. That cat ended up living & thriving for 16years on the high quality, less expensive food!

I hope you find what you are looking for :bunny18

That can be true (although my local feed storesonly carry Purina Cat Chow, ew). If you have a baby bunnythat needs alfalfa pellets, the best ones are usually in feedstores. Sometimes they carry lower protein maintenancepellets for adults, but I've never seen timothy pellets in feed stores.

I order my Oxbow from www.oxbowhay.com also. Ijust ordered 50lbs which cost me $50 including shipping. That's not abad price, and I have enough bunny food for a long time. I stored it inhuge plastic tight-sealed containers.

I get my hay from a woman who has bunnies in the next town over and shegets the hay from the local feed store. When I run out of my last batchthat I got from her, I am going to think about ordering hay fromKleenmama's, Farmer Dave, or Oxbow.

I highly reccommend Oxbow. The buns love it and they are very healthy and active.

- Amy (Mallory, Morgan, and Madilyn-Mae):hearts

Hello,

Thanks to all of you who replied. I live in Georgia. Just went towalmart today and bought some fresh veggie. My bun never eats carrots,but I tried to feed kale, colar green. He eats them. I am pleasantlysurprised.

I will try some of the sites you guys provided. Thanks a lot!!!!!!

:elephant:

Oh, make sure to start your bun out VERY slowlywith veggies if he has never had them before. Giving too many too sooncan make him sick.

If you didn't know already:).

- Amy (Mallory, Morgan, and Madilyn-Mae):hearts

Latest posts

Back