Where to buy hay in bulk

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have any horse barns or feed stores within driving distance? They would most likely carry a varietyof hay and you can by it by the bale there. A much moremanagable amount!

I store my hay in a big rubber maid tub. Makes it easy tokeep tidy and easy to get to when I need to hand out the hay.

--Dawn

In the Bunny 101 Hay thread, there are severallinks to websites where farmers can post hay for sale. Thisis a great way to find hay, and while some will only sell huge roundbales or by the ton, others have small square/rectangular bales and arefine with only selling one at a time if you come to pick itup. I can never find hay at feed stores in my area, but Ihave found good farmer hay by asking them if they know anybody whosells it.

I've ordered from Oxbow before and I like it a lot.

Thanks guys. It cost about $16 for 9to 10lbs so it's only worth while to buy a bale if the savings aregreat.

I buy my hay at 60 lbs for about $12 or 90 lbs for $14 at a local hay supply store or a feed store.

If you can find somewhere local that has hay, it should be a phenominal saving.

--Dawn

I tracked down a local horse stable just outsideof town. She sells us a bale 2 feet wide by 4 feet long for$3. With our 5 bunns that one bale lasts us about 3 months orso. We bought HUGE garbage bags aerated them a bit and storedthe whole bale in the house in their closet.:)

Latest posts

Back