Where To Buy Bulk Pellets?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KookieKing

Reaction score
Any one out there know a place to buy Oxbow Timmy Basic T pellets in bulk in South Jersey? Or a place on the Internet that isn't too expensive because I pay $12 for a 5 lb bag at PetSmart.

I think you can get em cheaper.

I was kind of in a rushso I'm not 100% sure, but I think I got a 10 lb bag of Oxbow pellets for $18.99 from a store in Jersey last week. I got a real good bag of alfalfa for my baby bun there too. Not crushed and powderyat all, I was very pleased.Not sure if Oxbow makes them any bigger but I think this place will special order for you if you need. Is Labanon, NJ close by you? Here's where I was:

Country Pet Specialties[/b]

1271 US Highway 22 # 22 (Labanon Plaza)

Lebanon, NJ 08833

(908) 236-8292

I have also gotten 5lb bags at the busybunny website, but I was disappointed because it was quite crushed and it was all powder at the bottom of the bag.

I am quite happy wth my 10 lb bag from thebunnybasics.com, I got it for $12.99! You hav to pay the phenomenal shipping prices for something so heavy, but I think the bunnybasics has some other nice toys you can along with it and their site donates to shelters so it's just kind of nice to shop for a good cause.

I have never purchased from westcoastpetsupply.com but their oxbow bbt 10lb is priced at 11.49 and with phenomonal shipping, it came out to $2.50 a pound. In all my research online, that's the cheapest I've seen it.

I'd buy local if you can get to Country Pet Specialties because once you cut out the shipping you save a lot of money. You can't beat $1.89 a pound anywhere online, I think.

Usually I buy from a pet store in Manhattan called Whiskers. They sell a 10 lb bag for $14.99, which is super cheap, and 5 lb bag for $7.99. They are 1800whiskers.com, but I don't think they ship outside of NYC. They have a phone number on their website, you can check them out.

BTW, Kookie, your Kirby look-alike amazes me still. :shock:I adopted him from a shelter not far from that store, over in Clinton. It's a little over an hr drive for me, but I went out there and fell in love with Kirby. I can't believe you adopted your cutie in Jersey too.

That was a very informative post. The store you went to is about an hour and half drive for me I'm in South Jersey closer to Philly. I will check out the websites you recommended though. Mitsuki was adopted in Voorhees, NJ. If your ever coming to Philly or near Maple Shade NJ let me know and we can make a play date for Kirby and Mitsuki. Or if I'm ever going to New York because my boyfriend and I do wanna go to the Nintendo World there in Rockefeller Plaza I'll bring Mitsuki and they can hang out.

I'm in Hopatcong, NJ. I buy my Timothy pellets from Sweet Meadow Farm, in MA. The pellets are usually delivered within 3 days. A fifty pound bag, with shipping, costs me $42. The pellets are fresh and my rabbits love them. I can buy a 50# bag of Oxbow
from my local pet shop but, it costs $20 more than from Sweet Meadow.
Charlotte

Back