Where the wild things are

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NZminilops

Reaction score
I picked up a bunny and his hutch today - buns name is "Raggy", which I am not too keen on. Hand reared and given to the owner from someone who found the bunny as a little week old.

'He' looks more like a 'she' to me, and seems to be a wild European bun, or at least mostly wild. Quite friendly though pretty scared right now, very small, delicate little thing! Front legs are a finger width, very dainty.

Here are the ones of him...er, her...as seen in the advert.

114950492_full.jpg

114950501_full.jpg

114950549_full.jpg

And some blurry cellphone pics, not sure where my camera is. Just checked again and a she for sure!

P20-01-09_05-472.jpg

P20-01-09_05-50.jpg

P20-01-09_05-54.jpg

[
P20-01-09_05-541.jpg

The hutch is homemade and soo heavy! It needs a good scrubbing and some more work to make it more weather proof ect, but as it's christmas eve here and almost 6pm, I'll leave the bun in there with the familiar smells for tonight. There was a little earwig nest (yuck :() which I cleaned out.

So, not your tradtional cute and fuzzy bunny, but I knew people would buy Raggy for the hutch and get rid of her, and I couldn't let that happen :).

Any name sugestions? Something nice and girly for the girly bun? I thought of just "Rags" but makes me think of womens monthly visitor, if you know what I mean ;).

I know how you guys feel about outdoor rabbits on here, so please no criticisms about it, it's summer here and nice mild weather and she's used to being outside.

Michelle

I don't have a name suggestion, but I think she's very pretty!!

I'm glad you were able to get her and give her a good home. The hutch looks nice, too. Very large, she's got a good amount of space.

How cool, Chelle!:D

You just had to do it, didn't you?!?!?!?! Crack me up with, a woman's monthly visitor, LOL!

So, I don't know, how 'bout something like Whitney, Jezabell but Jez for short,

I've got another lodged in there somewhere, I'll try to retreive it.:p:)

Aww she/he is adorable! I hate it when some people will just take in a rabbit if it is fluffy or lop earred and makes everyone go ga ga over it. Shows you are a true bunny lover to choose this beautiful girl who needs a good home over those bunnies that get snapped up in no time. Agoutis rock! :p

She is absolutely gorgeous! I always see bunnies like that in pet stores where I live... Mostly animates.. :S

It's a good time to have a bunny right now, weather has been so hot!!!! Any updates?

I have a wild bun (european) I headreared, he looks very similar. Your's still have a baby look about her, Scamp didn't drop his testicles until 9/10 months old, much later than a pet would so don't rely on that as an indicator for sexing.

He's very much like a pet rabbit in behaviour but a little high strung and full of energy.

He's a big chewer, plywood is no obstacle so keep a close eye out for damage to the hutch that might turn into an escape hole. He also needs a lot of exercise, he lives in our kitchen and has daily supervised access to the whole downstairs when he races around a top speed. Lots of toys and activities too.

I can handle him fine, he doesn't mind being picked up, will flop out for nose rubs, climb all over anyone with foods etc. being handreared he's got very little natural fear or people or other animals.

IMG_1600c.jpg

Back