WHERE is everyone getting their NIC for so inexpensive?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MamaBunnyButt

Reaction score
I am wanting to make a NIC cage for our bun, but looking online, the very cheapest i am finding anything remotely close to the NIC is 4 cubes (16 panels) for $29.99 US$
i would need two sets of those to make what we want for our Bun, but i have sen posts talking about finding some for as low as $8.50! saving some $ on these would be great.
so, where does everyone find theirs for so cheap?
if it helps, we are in Oregon, near Portland.

Do you have a kmart where you are at? I got my shelving squares at kmart on sale for 17.99 and they were the 6 cubes not the 4. So when I was done with my NIC cage I only had one square left - which I was a little bummbed about, I will have to buy more if I want to make something else. But I'd try there if you have one. Look online too - kmart.com

renaelock, thank you for that link! in all my searching hours i didnt stumble across that one. :)

i will have to check out kmart, target, bb&b, and home depot close by. i dont do walmart. ever. for anything. but the others i can swing by.

OMG I saw the set of 6 at Kmart today and I nearly fell over! I haven't EVER seen a store carry it in New York City until now. 20 bucks for the set :)

I got lucky and found 20 grids at my local Goowill for less than $5.00, and then I bought a box of Target grids for $17.00 giving me a total of 43 grids for $22.00--I was pretty pleased lol. If you have any thrift stores or Goodwills near you and you have the time they might be worth checking out. I actually just stopped by mine on a whim and was about to leave when I saw the stack of them sitting in the back.

And I just used the grids in the Target set that have holes that are too big for the parts of the cage my buns can't reach. Good luck!

Target has been the most reliable for me. The guinea pig cages forum (formerly cavycages) has a "find materials" section by state. You can search for either panels or coroplast locally instead of paying shipping online.

Lauren, what a great find at goodwill!
i checked Craigslist, and someone was offering a BUNCH for only $10, but when i called they were already gone.
i will keep looking.
today she ate the cable to my husbands good gaming mouse, and ripped up a corner or carpet, all in the two minutes it took for me to take the kids to get dressed. silly me for not putting her in her too tiny cage for those 2 minutes.
so i want to build her a palace where she can have a ton of room to romp, that she will enjoy going into throughout the day when she needs to, instead of just at night when we go to bed.

Back