Where does your bun relax?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BugLady

Reaction score
I have tried making so many fun places for Rascal to play and lounge... but he prefers his own way. He rarely rests in his cage.

He refuses to walk on wood or tile floor, but he loves to nap on the slate in front of the fireplace. Must feel nice and cool now that the weather is getting warmer.

7190154915_3587f65646.jpg

But he loves the TV stand the most. I no longer have a TV, and finally left the bottom shelf empty for him (he would remove any boxes or DVDs I kept there). Sometimes when he sprawls out with his head dangling off the edge, he looks completely dead!
7375396818_d97001d2a4.jpg

He is napping like that right now, with his head completely laid flat, eyes closed, twitching in his sleep. I'm happy he feels so relaxed with me only a few feet away!

So where does your bun like to relax? Do they prefer their cage or somewhere else in the room?

Mine all love in front of the fireplace as well. They also always go over and lie on the large dog bed we have. None care whether or not dogs are on it already and either cuddle next to them or push them off.

Rascal is absolutely gorgeous. I think i'm in love with your bun. What breed is he? I love love love his colors!!!!

Bugsy sleeps in a tight corner in my boys rooms.. up against the batcave, he really likes it there. Oreo just sprawls out under my kitchen table all the way to the corner. I need to get pix!

Thanks for sharing, pix were awesome!

Aw that sounds adorable!
I don't have any other mammalian pets (only reptiles and fish), so Rascal is on his own.
I have been contemplating bringing him to a shelter for some bunny dates. Maybe in a few more months once he is a bit older and more relaxed (he's one year old).

Yup, chocolate dutch. He has some fuzzy markings so he wouldn't be show quality, but I adore him. He is great at striking handsome poses!

pffft. he is gorgeous!
in the second picture he almost looks fake! like a stuffed animal!!

awwww looking at bunny pix make me want to leave work and be with my buns!! :( 2 more hours.

Hehe thanks!
I'm a grad student so I can make my own hours and do a lot of work from home. Almost everyone in my lab is on vacation this week, so I am enjoying working on my laptop while watching my silly bun all day.

That is so cute :)

Agnes does lounge in her bunny condo sometimes. Makes me feel glad she likes it that much.

Otherwise it's on the treadmill OR sprawled on the couch like she owns the place.

wow amazing quality pictures!

some reason all my animals, rats, chinchilla & rabbit, loves napping behind out futon couch, its near a wall-window, the window is so massive, its basically a wall.

the rabbit: like to nap on the extra ledge of the futon
the rats: like to nap on the actual window seal
the chinchilla: some reason "hugs" the window when he naps lol
i think its because its "cool" there alsways there

My rabbits do not really have a lounge area outside their cages. Beauty is normally in her litter box or her new favorite place is the shelf in her cage. I never really see Shiny Things lounging in her cage. When I used to have one of my moms old beer boxes in their run area Shiny Things claimed that as her own. She was very territorial about it so I had to remove it. (She would chase Beauty away from it). When I used to keep a litter box in their run area Beauty would not leave it ever. That is why I took it out.

Well first of all, that is THE most handsome bun ever (and mine are awfully handsome ;) ) If I get another bun, it will be a chocolate Dutch. He's just gorgeous! :hearts

My buns relax and lounge in one of two places: either under the bed in their room, which has a sheet they love to rearrange, or a nook right next to their food dishes. They like to flop down with full tummies!

My buns 4 favorite places:
1. in the diaper wipe box in the kitchen for her.
2. in front of the washing machine.
3. in between her cage and the cat food bin.
4. in front of the cat food bowl and the auto waterer for the cats/dog. She likes to block them from their food, so they have to pay attention to her when they go to eat/drink.
I guess maybe I should get her a bunny friend, so she stops stalking my other animals!

Buster likes lying on the top level of his condo.
But, sometimes when I'd pull it out to vacuum behind it he would go lie behind it forever. So I pulled it out from the wall now and he LOVES to lie behind it. He also loves to bunny 500 through it. :)

Leons favorite spots are:
right in the middle of the doorway
under stands such as TV, coffee table and another little stand.

Next time he does it I'll try and get a picture

Fraggles spends most of her day under the coffee table. If she is not there then she is usually sprawled in the door way to our bedroom. She is so relaxed that you can step right over her. Miss Muppet is usually on our bed or under the bookcase.

BugLady wrote:
Aw that sounds adorable!
I don't have any other mammalian pets (only reptiles and fish), so Rascal is on his own.
I have been contemplating bringing him to a shelter for some bunny dates. Maybe in a few more months once he is a bit older and more relaxed (he's one year old).
you should definitely do bunny dates and find him a friend :D.

whenever I see my two snuggled up together, munching on hay side-by-side or grooming each other (the grooming especially), I can't help thinking they must be much happier than they would've been if I had only gotten one!

I guess Nala's sort of the dominant bunny, since she's always teaching Gaz things and Gaz picks up some of her personality traits (both good and bad, lol). Nala taught her how to binky, how to climb up to the upper levels of the condo, to nibble at my pants, all sorts of things... and the more time they spend together, the more energetic and playful Gaz gets, which is great 'cause she's a little on the chubby side and the running does her good!

Back