Where do you buy your hay?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katmais_mommy

Reaction score
In the winter, I had to buy the Kaytee 90 oz. bag of Timothy hay for $15. But now that spring is here, I just bought a BIG bale of hay for only $8.50

Where does everyone else buy their hay?

I buy Orchard hay from Drs Foster & Smith. I get 50lbs which last about 2 to 2 1/2months. Of course, that was for the piggies, not sure how long it'll last w/ Buddy getting hay too. :)

I live in the city, so I can't get supply from the "local farm" but I get mine from my local petshop its a good quality hay (Burgess)

I buy two bales at a time, around 60 lbs each, and I try to get different varieties or at least cuts. When I started buying it by the bale, they were around $5, now they're $15. :shock:

But still, even renting a car (or using a coop car), its cheaper than a pet store bag, and healthier because you can spread it around and get them eating more.

I caught a ride out to the feed store with a bunny friend last week and they didn't have a bale of timothy, so I got a big sack of it they said was around four flakes (the big squares that make up a bale) for $5, and a cheaper one of local grass hay for a bit less.

If you don't know where to get hay by the bale and/or you don't have room to store it, its worth search for anything horse / equestrian related -- or even a zoo -- and just ask if you can fill up a garbage bag full from one of their freshly broken bales and offer them $5, they'll probably be glad to do it.

sas :bunnydance:

I use American Pet Diner hay. The HRS group I volunteer with buys it 2 pallets at a time, and sells the boxes at the meetings. Since I am a volunteer, I pay $35 for a 25-lb box. (The non-volunteer price is $45.)

Latest posts

Back