Where do you buy your cages?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tashiahouse

Reaction score
I've built every cage I have, and they're all free standing hutches, but I'm looking at putting a shelter over the back of our building and putting 10-15 holes of either hanging or free standing all wire cages back there. My question is, where should I look for the best deal? I know Bass has a decent price on them, and I need to order some water bottles/feeders anyway..so I was thinking maybe it would save some on shipping..BUT..I'm just looking for input. =]

Bass has what I think is top of the line. But comes with the top of the line price...

KW and Quality are both too expensive for my tastes, and after a customer service issue, they lost me as a costumer.

Woody's Wabbits, which seems like a much smaller business, is my choice for cages. I can get 24 by 24's for $18 a piece (without pans), and make my own flush-kleen system. It's much easier and cheaper for me to do it that way.

I did the math recently, and it'll cost me $338 for a 17 hole set up. 2 big meat rabbit cages, 5 brood doe cages, and 10 junior/senior cages. Then probably $50 or so in wood to make the rest of the system. That $300 is the same price that you'd pay for /one/ set of a 4 stacker. It just seemed much more feasible to go on the cheap side. (And yes, I love bass cages. They look stunning, but I don't have the $1500 to drop on a set up... Maybe in the future when I actually have a job.)

I buy from local people at shows. They have much better prices than those big companies and are still great quality.

If you go to a local Tractor Supply or something, you don't have to pay shipping. ;) lol They average like $25 per cage, plus you buy the legs and stuff if you want stackers and/or pans. It might be like $60 for a cage with the pan and legs. And no expensive shipping.

True, everyone. I REALLY like my standing hutches, and I wouldn't care to keep building those to round out the rabbitry, BUT I'm running out of room!! I mean, I basically live on a mountain..we had to bring a backhoe in the make room for the cages we have now..lol

I buy from Martins Cages as well. They are awesome, and pretty decently priced. Really helpful too. And they are at every show I have been too!!! They have carriers too, and all kinds of supplies.

I've got basically all of the holes I need...but I'm weird about not having cages to spare. I like to have at least 5 open at all times, and after I separate my juniors in a few days I'll only have one cage open..I don't like that..so, I'm gonna build two more 6 holes...just to have around..:D

Back