Where do most house rabbits reside?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah

Reaction score
I'm wondering what country or what state in theunion or what republic or city...I'm wondering where is it most commonfor people to have house rabbits?

I don't know anyone personally around here who has house rabbits.

This question occurred to me when I was in Petsmart. They have solittle for rabbits. There are dog and cat mugs, books, sweatshirts,toys galore, beds, crates, carriers etc., but a 2 aisle selection ofrabbit stuff. So I wondered if there is an area in the world wherethere are many house rabbit owners, and stores that sell primarilyhouse rabbit stuff.

So where do you think it's most common to have a house rabbit?

Sincerely,

A Disgruntled Petsmart Customer

Actually, there has been more and more houserabbit toys and things appearing in the past couple of years.But then again, I always haveshoppedBusy Bunny for my Houserabbit needs.

Many people still think a rabbit is an outdoor farm stock.People think I am nuts when I tell them my rabbits live in my room withme! But I wouldnt have it any other way =) my firstbun was a hutch bun, and he didnt get nearly as much love as the ones Ihave now do.

House rabbits all the way =) of course, for some people it isntpractical, but each to their own! As long as the bun is wellcared for =)

Same with me Bunsforlife. I love having my houserabbits. I guess I'm just curious if there is a place in the worldwherehouse rabbits are an extrememlypopularpet.I wonder if there are statistics.

I googled it, but didn't come up with much of an answer.

hehe. I bought some Fleece today in Walmart andthe sales lady said, "oh what a cute print! What are yougoing to make with it" When I mumbled something about a blanket for myrabbits she looked at me like I had a second head hehe.

All my bunnies have been house bunnies. I couldnever have a hutch or pen bunny after having a house bunny. Our 2 havethe run of the livingroom and kitchen. They are litter trained(mostly!!:?)and sleep in a basket with a fleece and a teddy.They have loads of toys and like to watch TV. They are very cheeky andfunny and inquisitive - I wish more people knew whatfun andjoy bunnies bring, and don't just stick them in a hutch on their owndown the bottom of the garden. I feel so sorry for the bunnies who areforgotten about like that. We need to educate people more about whatbunnies can be trully like and what they need so they all have the bestof lives.

I agree, when I got a bunny, I was not reallyplanning on it. I saw a post from a girl who wanted to give it away andat that point I knew I wanted it. Once we saw him, we fell in loveright away. He has been such a joy to us. I love the fact that bunnieshave such a different personalities from other animals.

My rabbit's a houserabbit! Actually, I don't really know too many people aroundme that even own rabbits. My friend Joy had a rabbit,but she lives on a farm and so it was a little easier to have anoutdoor rabbit. My cousin Brittney (she lives down in LongBeach, CA) had an outdoor rabbit; she ended up losing intrest in itthough, and so now my Grandma takes care of it at her house.I think that having an outdoor rabbit may be a little easier for somepeople to ignore considering it's not in your living space. Iwouldn't, if my rabbit was outside, but some people would.Anyway, I guess I don't really know anyone nearby that has a houserabbit. Apparently though, there are a lot of people who cometo buy their rabbit hay at the same feed store I do that have houserabbits.

Hm... mentioning my cousinBrittneymade me think of poor Pockets... I wonderhow that bun's doing? He's something like nine yearsold! I try to be with him now when we visit, because hardlyanyone plays with him... Poor guy. And my Grandpagives him a freakin' huge carrot everyday to eat!:shock: He's not-surpisingly a little chunky...

--Melissa and Umbra

Well iuf he is 9 years old, I don't think it matters how many carrots he eats.
He can just enjoy life.

Latest posts

Back