Where do I start?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was one thing I was hoping about too was being able to be in the juniors for showing, also I think I'm considered youth. It's 18 and under right?

Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to get to Alberta, any time soon. I'm trying to stay in a 3 hour distance. The show I'm looking into is the Kitchener/Waterloo one in May, still getting info on it though.

I for sure will post pictures for you guys, she knows I'm interested in showing so I hope she poses him and you guys can comment.

But yeah, waiting is the hardest. I'm having dreams about rabbits, and checking my email every 5 minutes is getting exhausting to be honest.

I am not saying that you need to come to Alberta, just that we don't have many shows either.

Youth is up until your 19th birthday. Keep in mind that if you enter a rabbit in the youth show, you can't enter it in the open show. Youth is less competitive, but usually only 1 show in the weekend. The open shows are more competitive, but there are usually 2-3 shows in the weekend that you can enter. Each show is a different judge. For the money that you would spend, it can be better to do the open shows rather than youth. You can enter whichever you like, just know what each involves.

For the rabbit, Junior, Intermidiate and Senior are the ages of the rabbit. Junior is under 6 months, Intermediate is 6-8 months but only for certain large and giant breeds, Senior is over 6 or 8 months (depending on if the breed has intermediate or not).

Jynxie wrote:
But yeah, waiting is the hardest. I'm having dreams about rabbits, and checking my email every 5 minutes is getting exhausting to be honest.
This I know how you feel!! I had a dream about a Basenji because i had been wanting and waiting for one so long.But i still havent gotten mine yet :((

I actually did get a bunny today. :)

I decided that I would wait on showing because I don't have a car to even get to shows (nor can I drive!) so it would have been difficult to attend unless my parents drove me, which they wouldn't want to do.

I appreciate all the tips though, if I want to get into showing a bunny later on when I can drive.. I already know the basics because of you guys. I really appreciate everything.

My breeder had some pet quality bunnies available, so I checked them out and fell in love.

I got a male harliquin holland lop.
I'm already so attached, my boyfriend named him Harley. I think it's cute.

harley.jpg

Thanks.

I think he already knows he's so adorable he can get away with things. :p He was chewing his temporary litter box and looking at me like "whoops! tee hee" -run away from the litter box-

I just wanted to add something. I am new to Rabbits too. After attending a few rabbit shows to get to know some local breeders and volouteering in their rabbitries to learn about Rabbits, I now have five bunnies. All of them but one was older and somewhat skittish but a few weeks later, from the weighing, handling, letting them in their play areas, brushing, blowing etc... Carrying, petting and of course treats! They are the most wonderful social charming characters.

Latest posts

Back