Where do I get Critical Care at..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OH NO!:shock: Tough to find on a Sunday. TS might have it. Got a local vet that's open? I have trouble gettng here! (We don't have TS!)

You can only get it at Vets here in Canada. Actually right on the package that's what it says.

Susan:)

It is from vets but I recall a site that you could buy it from. It was a vet site I believe. You could buy it in larger quantities. I can see if I find it.

Usually a vet, but I got some sent to me from a petstore that sells it in NJ I think it was, let me know if you want the info.

i dont know if this will work but it is worth it till you can get some Critical care.

This was a post that i had about teeth and this was something that was brought up that might be of some help.

gentle giants: I wonder, would it be practical to put hay, pelets, and water or Pedialyte in a blender for a rabbit recovering from this surgery? Or even one that had to have all it's teeth out. Mabye add a smidge of pupmkin or banana to it of the bunny is reluctant to eat?

That is called a "slurry" and works very well. It should be a little more liquid at first and then you can manipulate the consistancy to what is to your bun's liking. And don't forget that Oxbow Critical Care is designed just for this concern. We have had rabbits eat only Critical Care for months at a time when they have been sick. It comes in two flavors...anise and apple/banana....the apple/banana is the pick around here. It comes both in a small bag and a one pound canister. The canister is much more economical. It can also be frozen for longer storage. You can order it direct from Oxbow. They do require you to call them and give them your vet info so they can confirm your rabbit is receiving vet care when using this product. After you have been approved, you just have to call and ask for it.

Randy

Here is the link to the post that i copied that information from. HOpe you are able to get some Critical Care , hope they will be open tommorrow

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=32736&forum_id=1

Corky lived off slurries for a few weeks when he was sick, yep, it can be done, thats for sure. I wish I'd have known about CC then..lol...makin them slurries up to go thru a syringe was fun...I also added some baby food to it as well.

The TSC or a feed store would be a possibility.

I was lucky enough to find that the pet store down the street carries it.
However, it does say that it's to be used under the supervision of a vet and "is not sold in pet stores".....hmmmmmm. I wonder how they got it?

Like Luvmyzoocrew said, you can make your own pellet slurry. I've done this before and it works well. Grind up some of their normal pellets very finely and let them soak in some water or Pedialyte for at least 15 minutes. You can add other stuff, like I usually add some canned pumpkin (they love it) and Nutrical for energy, B vitamins, and vitamin E. My vet also recommended shredding greens like parsley or mint and putting them in the mix, both for nutrition and taste and because they can help calm the stomach. Or instead of shredding fresh mint you can use herbal mint tea instead of water.

I hope whoever is sick comes through ok!:pray:

Naturestee that is great info you just posted. I did not ever think to mix pumpkin or even greens in the CC. Thanks so much for that info (I wish I knew that a couple of weeks ago when 3 of mine were getting CC).

Honestly you deserve a Mana for this info (I just had to put my :twocentsin here, I hope you don't mind):p

Susan:)

Latest posts

Back