Where did your bunnies' names come from?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Michaela wrote:
Pebble, hmm, she took a long time to name (I'm talking weeks here)
Same here, I couldn't come up with a name.

I didn't know what she was called when the original owners first bought her from the pet shop.

Her temporary name was Lola from the song, Copacabana by Barry Manilow, given bythe vet and staff during her brief stay at the clinic.

When I adopted her, it took awhile, trying out several names and changes. It finally became Pebbles because we were litter training her and shekept leaving all these pebbles lying around. The name stuck,and because she had beautiful eyes like Pebbles in The Flintstones cartoon.

4t4yrtk.jpg

Rainbows! :)

I named mine after Pippin from Lord of the Rings. I just thought he had the same goofy, fun-loving personality as Pippin and he just looked to me like a Pip, so I had to go with that name.

Mimi in Japanese means ears. It suits her cos she's got a decent pair of ears.

11072007006.jpg

NiuNiu was named by her first bunny mommy. In Chinese, it means "little girl".

11072007004.jpg

Browneyedgal

Korr- I had a neopets Cybunny named Korrailli. I liked the name and it fits him.

Sophie- From the movie The Illusionist. I love the pary when Eisenhiem says Hello Sophie when they are in the carriage.

Penelope- Great Big Sea song of the same name. Also from Lost. If I get her a boy friend he will be Desmond.

Pepsi came to me as Petey and then I found out she was a girl. I had a poll on RO and Pepsi was the cutest one, I thought.

Ozzy was named that already but I am sure it is because he is solid white except for his black eyeliner :)

It's funny you guys talking about the long names, we had named Petey officially Slippery Pete Ann Peterson. (Even tho we thought she was a he)

And my sister, who gave me Pepsi, has a hammie named Slippery Waffle Daniel Hamhor Jackson. I think she does the slippery cause theyre hard to catch.

Karona came from the add with the maaaa maaaa maaa my Carona. But i didnt want it to be like after beer so i made it with a k.

well. . . herman came with them name Duty. . . all the babies in the litter were named honesty, duty, liberty, ect. . . but that didn't fit him at all. . . so then i named him lyric. . . as i had the name picked out for a long time. . . but after about 10 minutes with him, i could tell he was a herman. . . the name just fits him perfectly

winnie took days to name, and normally, i come up with a name in the first few seconds of seeing something. . . but for the life of me i couldn't find one that fit. i had a baby name book so i started just flipping to random pages and saying any old name out loud and when i said 'winnie' she did a binkie! and that was it!

and they fit sooo perfectly well together. . . herman and winnie. . . they remind me of old people names and i think that is cute.

hw1.jpg

Buddy - Got his name because while I was trying to think of a clever name my husband kept calling him Buddy. It stuck. But after all was said and done, he was our best buddy. But we mainly called him Boss. Because he definitely had the personality of "Boss Hogg" ;)

Carmel - She is the color of Caramel...not too original :p Oddly, she has a nickname just as Buddy did. Bella. Don't really know why, but that is what we call her most of the time.

Charlie - He just seemed like a Charlie to me!:dude:

TK Bunnies wrote:
I don't know why we named Teacup Teacup. It just sort of fit. i love the story of how Kali got her name. When kali came in to the shelter (before we got her) Her name was Wiser (since her brother was name Bud. And budwiser is a beer). Nobady thought that fit. So the people at the shelter were trying to think of what to name her and at the exact same time the thought of Kali. Kali is the Native american goddes of desturction (she lives up to her name). Kali (the goddes not the rabbit) is said to be able to change shape.

-TK
"Weiser" is an auful name for a female bunny! Kali surely sounds much better though!

Bunnys_rule63 wrote:
Ruby got her name because of my Auntie's Ruby ring she was wearing when she picked up their hutch from the breeder and Millie got her name just because I thought it was cute, I never realised 'Ruby and Millie' was a makeup company until years after!:shock:;)
Wow, that's original!:shock:

bat42072 wrote:
Ashes was named because her undercoat was ashy gray and outer coat is black...

Frosty was named because of her coloring
It's the same way i named my dwarf hamster Stahti! Stahti in greek means "ash", and when she was a baby she was all white with small grey markings, as if she was swept onto a full ashtray!

ThatsMySimi wrote:
Simi got her name from a series of Books my best friend and I both read, we are both major Simi (from the book - not the bun, not that Im not a Simi the bun fan!!) fans, and when I friend saw her she said "SHE LOOkS LIKE A DEMON!" And Simi is a Demon in the book, so I named her Simi! :)(Shes not a DEMON! Shes a PRINCESS!)

And Sisi got hers because all of the things that live in my room were S's so we needed another S... There was Shay, Simi, Stinky (Tinker bell = Stinky) Sasha, I wanted to call her Sissy, but if Simi had 4 letters and Shay had 4, Ineeded a name with 4 so I called her Sisi, but my family calls her Sissy :|...

Well, I can tell you one thing, my next bun WILL NOT BE NAMED A NAME STARTING WITH S!

Shay, Simi and Sisi :)
Ok, there are many letters still left in the alphabet! Imagine how many bunnies you have yet to name! (What's the difference between "Sisi" And "Sissy"?)

NZminilops wrote:
What a great thread! :D

BunBun never got an official name, I struggled and struggled to think of anything and so he was called 'bunny' for ages, which just turned into BunBun.

Lucky I named after the only dog we had when I was a kid. He was a bermese mountain dog we got from the pound on the day he was meant to be put to sleep. He came from bad circumstances, so did Lucky the rabbit, and they were the same colours so the name fit :). She mostly gets called 'Lurkers', not sure why :p.

Jack is a black rabbit so his official name is Black Jack ;). I call him Jackie Chan most of the time.

Sakura was a name my brother suggested, it's a pretty name and really suits her. Spring helped me to shorten to to Kura, so that's her nickname.
Isn't "Sakura" tha name of a manga?

Pet_Bunny wrote:
Michaela wrote:
Pebble, hmm, she took a long time to name (I'm talking weeks here)
Same here, I couldn't come up with a name.

I didn't know what she was called when the original owners first bought her from the pet shop.

Her temporary name was Lola from the song, Copacabana by Barry Manilow, given bythe vet and staff during her brief stay at the clinic.

When I adopted her, it took awhile, trying out several names and changes. It finally became Pebbles because we were litter training her and shekept leaving all these pebbles lying around. The name stuck,and because she had beautiful eyes like Pebbles in The Flintstones cartoon.

4t4yrtk.jpg

Rainbows! :)
she's got very pretty eyes indeed!

Is she a wild?

browneyedgal wrote:
Mimi in Japanese means ears. It suits her cos she's got a decent pair of ears.

11072007006.jpg

That's exactly why i named Aftias this way! Aftias in greek means "Mister BigEars"!

Doesn't he look almost exactly like Mimi?

DSCI0543.jpg

DSCI0481.jpg

Polo got hers as she was my original housebunny and ate a Polo mint one day and still loves them.

Blackberry as he had two blackberry shaped patches on his nose (RIP little man!)

Roo as he was a very sick baby and looked just like a baby roo

Kanga then joined and lived with Roo so the name just followed.

Dylan he just a cool dude a bit like the character on the Magic roundabout

Hot Pot and her sister Casserole named by my husband, say no more!!

Bramble aftera Watership down character!

Anna came with the name when I adopted her from the shelter...and she really does seem like an 'Anna'. :)

Of course I don't have Raph any more, but will tell his story...he came with the name 'Cletus', and it didn't suit him at all! When I picked him up at the airport I knew I had to change his name, and on the way home my niece asked me what I was going to call him. She began tossing all sorts of names about, but I sat there for a moment and just 'listened'....and Raphael sounded very clearly in my head. I knew that was his name, just as I knew he was named after the Archangel of healing. And truthfully, I didn't really name him...I just had to listen and it was given to me. :)

P.S. Browneyedgal, your Mimi also looks like my Anna!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v367/bassetluv/?action=view&current=anna005Small.jpg

Latest posts

Back