Where did your bunnies' names come from?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kokkiniklosti

Reaction score
I would like to know how what is everyone's bunnies names and how did you get them!

First of all i am greek!

Aftias got his name because he has got long ears (let's say, something like "Dumbo" in english) and Odisseas got his name because of his firing temperament, from Odisseas Androutsos, a great hero of the Greek Rebelion against turkey back in 1821!

I don't know why we named Teacup Teacup. It just sort of fit. i love the story of how Kali got her name. When kali came in to the shelter (before we got her) Her name was Wiser (since her brother was name Bud. And budwiser is a beer). Nobady thought that fit. So the people at the shelter were trying to think of what to name her and at the exact same time the thought of Kali. Kali is the Native american goddes of desturction (she lives up to her name). Kali (the goddes not the rabbit) is said to be able to change shape.

-TK

Well Layla is one of my favorite songs by Eric Clapton and I had thought about naming my baby that, then after we picked her up and were taking her home, "layla" was on the radio, it was destiny :D

I'm not sure where I got Milly's name from, he just looked like a Milly when I got him and we did think he was a girl then. Hope got her name as it seemed a very apt name after losing Milly. Harvey is actually named after another bun I owned when I was a child.

Ruby got her name because of my Auntie's Ruby ring she was wearing when she picked up their hutch from the breeder and Millie got her name just because I thought it was cute, I never realised 'Ruby and Millie' was a makeup company until years after!:shock:;)

My brother named Ronnie after president Ronald Reagan.
Skye... well, she was going to be Skyler if she was a boy, but she was a girl, so I named her Skye. Her name and spelling has sorta changed a little bit since when I got her. Skyler was the name of a character in a book. I didn't particuarly like the book, but I liked the name.

Inamemy rabbits in relation to their parents names.

Flash (full name Flash of Lightning) came from Truffles and Storm (i.e. Lightning happens in a storm).

Sky and Moon came from Flash.

Cloud, Angel, Star, Sunny, Lightning, Hope, Dusk and Dawn all came from Sky (although some of those names had relevance elsewhere too).

Sandy and Badger came to us with those names, and we didn't change them.

My brother called his buns Pogo (because it jumped) and Polo (because it was minty white), but they became collectively known as 'The Dopeys' because they are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO stupid, lol.

Ashes was named because her undercoat was ashy gray and outer coat is black...

Frosty was named because of her coloring

Taffy is what popped into my head when I bought him but he was suposed to be a girl

Foster... was only suposed to be here until her owner was found... and was suposed to be a boy

Blossom - she was so small she reminded me of a flower

Ivy... just becasue wanted a plant name to go with blossom

Her real name was Pai Pai(pronounced Pie Pie!!) Actully i was going to name Roxie either laila or lola because i thought of "lilac" but my mom has some trouble saying her l's so she sugeested Roxy. Well i wanted it to be different but still original so i named her Roxie.

Buddy's name was bo but the foster mom renamed him to buddy

Simi got her name from a series of Books my best friend and I both read, we are both major Simi (from the book - not the bun, not that Im not a Simi the bun fan!!) fans, and when I friend saw her she said "SHE LOOkS LIKE A DEMON!" And Simi is a Demon in the book, so I named her Simi! :)(Shes not a DEMON! Shes a PRINCESS!)

And Sisi got hers because all of the things that live in my room were S's so we needed another S... There was Shay, Simi, Stinky (Tinker bell = Stinky) Sasha, I wanted to call her Sissy, but if Simi had 4 letters and Shay had 4, Ineeded a name with 4 so I called her Sisi, but my family calls her Sissy :|...

Well, I can tell you one thing, my next bun WILL NOT BE NAMED A NAME STARTING WITH S!

Shay, Simi and Sisi :)

When Loki came to me, his name was Reese. The lady thought he looked like a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup. He does kind of but the name just didn't fit. My roomate and I went through several names. His name was Jack Daniels for about a day and a half but that didn't fit either. By that point he had already tried to eat one of my books and peed on the carpet repeatedly. I started calling him Demonio and Troublemaker. We looked at demon names and didn't like those. THEN we looked up stuff on troublemakers and POP there's Loki the Norse Trickster god. It was PERFECT. One of Loki's incarnations is a rabbit. However, Loki's full name is Loki Spencer Bun-Bun Bunnypants Skywalker. My friends just started adding names. haha!:)

Lily's name was picked because I wanted another 'L' name. Lily sounds so pretty and when I saw her picture I thought it would fit. I still call her Lily most of the time but I'm testing out different middle names at the moment.

t.

Thats so funny your Loki having lots of names, I thought it was only me who was mad! ;) Millys was "Milly Pants, Loppy-lou, Hoppykins McTavish, Holland" :)

So far Hope has only aquired Dopey Doo to go along with her name. :)

Berri's full name was Blackberri ('coz she had black fur :cool:) and that quickly got shortened to Berri.

Ebony has black fur, and I just thought it was pretty.

Pebble, hmm, she took a long time to name (I'm talking weeks here) and I guess Pebble just suited.

And Madison is my favourite people name, so that's where Maddie got her name. I also love the name Isabella, my next bunny will be that. :)

~~~~~~~~~
~Michaela, Ebony, Pebble, Madison & Angel Bunny Berri~

After 14 years of having rabbits and 12 years of breeding them, I started running out of names. For some reason I always named pets human names like Emma or Michael, not Oreo or Floppsy. (Not that there is anything wrong with those names, just not my preference)

Now I'm resorted to themes for different breeds and different varieties. The "tan" color on a Tan is supposed to be a fiery red. We have a Matches, Red Racer, Forbidden Fruit, Applesauce, etc.

I also have music themed names after songs or bands... Mr. Brightside (The Killers), Norah (Jones), Fiona (Apple), Penny Lane (The Beatles), etc.

haha...I forgot to mention my fiance, Peter's rabbits - Ferdinand and Isabella. She also has a Marie Antoinette.

They are all Ruby Eyed White Jersey Woolies and the babies are going to be named after ski resorts -- Aspen, Breckenridge, Paoli, Vail, etc.

Benji - a black Havana with grey feet started out as "Ashe" because of his feet and also the main character in one of the Crow movies.
My daughter renamed him several times and settled on Benji....one of the singers from Good Charlotte.

Brindle - she's white and her markings are brindle colored.

Chippy - MrsD's Mom's nickname was Chippy and we got her not long after her Mom passed away.

S'more - came from the shelter with her name...and it suits her....a tort and white dutch looks like a s'more.

MooShu - She's S'mores baby and came home with her from the shelter. We chose her name from the movie Mulan...he was the little dragon.

Rosie Jones - My daughter named her after a character in the play Bye Bye Birdie. Her last name is after Buck Jones...who rescued her after being abandoned at a gas station in the middle of winter.

Binkie - should have been named Chainsaw....I've got the scars to prove it. She just looked like a "Binkie" I guess.

Tootsie - Our big black NZ came from the shelter with her name. Maybe her former owner thought she resembled a big Tootsie Roll or Tootsie Pop

What a great thread! :D

BunBun never got an official name, I struggled and struggled to think of anything and so he was called 'bunny' for ages, which just turned into BunBun.

Lucky I named after the only dog we had when I was a kid. He was a bermese mountain dog we got from the pound on the day he was meant to be put to sleep. He came from bad circumstances, so did Lucky the rabbit, and they were the same colours so the name fit :). She mostly gets called 'Lurkers', not sure why :p.

Jack is a black rabbit so his official name is Black Jack ;). I call him Jackie Chan most of the time.

Sakura was a name my brother suggested, it's a pretty name and really suits her. Spring helped me to shorten to to Kura, so that's her nickname.

Magnet was a name thought of long before ever owning a rabbit; Smores matches his coloring as a baby...it looked like he had white marshmallow under his brown fur

HPIM0341.jpg

Of course now that he's grown up, he no longer has marshmallow filling...oh well.

Latest posts

Back