Where did you get your bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rex was a pet store bunny, something I won't doagain. Despite my desire to "rescue" them, I realize I am only fillingthe void for another bunny to come in.

But I will admit that he was quite the adorable little baby bun.

As he got older, around the age of 3, I thought he needed somecompanionship, so I adopted Peanut, then 2, from the local SPCA. Shewas agressive, unfriendly, territorial, and overweight (all of which Ifigured was from being generally unsocialized) We had her spayed (bighelp!) and it took over 3 months until they were finally bonded, but itwas worth it.

Now, as I work in a shelter, I am a huuuge proponent of adoptingbunnies, if at all possible. In fact, I plan on adding a third bunsometime next month...:D

~M

The Wednesday before Easter 2003, while I waslooking out my kitchen window one day and saw the neighbor's cat had ababy bunny. Then I saw two other cats watching all of theaction ready to jump in on the fun. I told myhusband.He rescued the baby bunny from the cat andthe cat's two friends. He brought the bunny into the houseand I justknew that we were going to keep it.Wellnot knowing anything about rabbits, wetook itto Petsmart to get food and find out how to care for it. Wemet a woman there who does rabbit rescue. She explained howdifficult it is tokeep wild bunnies and suggested that if hesurvived the night, we need to let him go in themorning. By this time the kids had already namedhim Lucky. Well Lucky did survive and it brought tears to myeyes to know that we were going to have to let himgo.

You guessed it....by now I had BUNNY FEVER. I had to have abunny. I bought several rabbit books and wenttovarious sites to find out more info. About a week and a halfaftermy husband rescued the baby bunny, we gotCookie. We were going to getone from the lady atPetsmart, but she did not have one that fit my description. Itold her that I wanted one with "up" ears, fairly small and a littlegirl. When I found out that she did not have one for us, Iwas heartbroken. My husband drove around town to differentpet stores to find a bunny. When we sawCookie, hewas so sweet,I asked to hold him and he wassorelaxed and at ease with us. I asked the lady atthe pet store to hold him for one hour. ( I wanted to makesure that he was the right rabbit for us.) We then went to a pet storedown the street. They had dwarf rabbits. When Iasked to hold one of them, the lady at that pet store couldn't catchone, theykept running away from her. I told myhusband that I wanted the first bunny we saw ( Cookie)becausehe was more relaxed with us.

Hehas been a member of this family for over ayearnow.We fell in love with him immediately!Sorry this is so long. Thank you for posting this question.

Wabbitwuv

FABULOUS THREAD, I just spent the past bitreading and smiling at everyone's post's! (although some were alittle )

My partner and I came to Taiwan to teach English backinAug. In December we went towhat is known as a"traditional outdoornight market" and as we werewalkingin we saw a pet stand. I fell in love with this littleball of fluff who was no bigger than my palm, and had the biggest eyesyou have ever seen.

I was told to think about it...and we could always come back.........inlieu of sounding like a little "please MOM can I ? can I? because thatis exactly what I did! We strolled around the market, and at the end ofthe night, I proclaimed "She is still here! and my birthday is comingup!"

My birthday present, and my partner picked out one too (they weretogether in the same horribly small aquarium. I named "mine" Jezebel,and the tiny little white fluff with heavily made up eyeliner and blackmascara, complete with beauty mark was named Jade.I haven't looked backsince, unfortunately-my partner went home in Marchbutthankfullythose two girls have been my saving grace here inTaiwan. I would of been long gone if it wasn't for them-they have keptmy sanity and are my constant home companions. Jezebel and Jade-eachwith wonderful characteristics, and sometimes the naughty ones to, fromeach of theirparents .

Cher

Pepper is our first rabbit and we got him at a pet store last year in June.

I got smudge from a advert in the newspaper.

They show there rabbits but they couldnt keep them all so had to sell afew which wouldnt show so well because of his colouring i think theysaid, so i went along and had a choice of smudge or his sister (lookedalmost the same except she had a bit more brown colouring on her) Ichose Smudge because ive allways had male animals and have found themeasier to bond with (just my experience so far) plus i had a femalerabbit about 10 years ago so thats how i got Smudge... :)

I got my two rabbits two and a half weeks agofrom a shelter afew hours away. m.e. and I took a day todrive down after seeing them on the shelter's webpage. They were bothexactly what I was looking for, (They were my first rabbits so I didn'twant want a rabbit with huge behavioral or healthproblems...Maybe when I have more experiance.) They've been great ever since.They're good with their box, don't chew through too many things...Though Onzlo likes to chew on the wall and look all innocent whenever Icatch him in the act, and Bella love to chew on my cloths... When I'mwearing them or not...

~Christine~

My first house bunny, the late Angel, I got froma pet store nearby. I got her in the midst of severedepression. I stilldon't know if she helped orhindered. She was my favorite bunny ever though. Iloved her so much...still do. Ugh...now I'm gonna startcrying. :( Beautiful, outgoing, cuddling bunny...mybest friend.

I adopted Valencia "Lenci" from a local Jersey Wooley breeder (Angelwas also a JW). This2-year-oldinfertileformer show bunnylovesbananas and hates her sister, Iszy. Lenci's daily activitiesinclude: eating, urinating on furnitureand chewingthrough carpet.

I adopted Iszabel "Iszy" at a rabbit show earlier this year.She's a 10-month old Lionhead. Very curious, very playful andnot usually friendly. She's still my sweetheartthough. ;)

Most of my rabbits were purchased by me fromother breeders at shows.For the purpose of breeding andshowing.Although occaisonally i get a rabbit given to me becausesomeone else doesnt want it i guess they think i need more bunnies.Ihave two does given to me by my daughter that raised them ,one is bluethe other is broken opal netherland dwarfs.bluebird

I never thought I would own a rabbit.It was hard convicing my parents that I could take care of arabbit. It took 3 months but he was worth the wait.I got my rabbit Snuggles from Alsip Home and Nursery. I hadseen him there a week or 2 earlier and had wished I could take himhome. Next time we were there he still had not beenadopted. I'm so glad I got him.

Joseph

We got are rabbit Snuggles from alsip home andnursery..He was the only one that was never played with..He was alwaysin the corner by himself but the others were chasing each otheraround..And so we got him..His toe nails got trimmed and went into aopend box and came home now this day he is so exsited..We let him outall the time and he has been a lovable little rabbit tous..(sometimes)LOL..

Jessica

Latest posts

Back