Where can I buy wood stove pellets?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live in Canada and I think just about now is when they become hard to find because winter is over and all the heating supplies go back & the summer stuff comes out. I got mine at Home Depot - and I tried yesterdays's news and the pellets are much better at keeping The smell down and they absorb so much faster.

I realize this is a very old thread but I didn't want to start another one for my question and I figured others might benefit from the info here.

Is it ok if a rabbit tries to eat the wood stove pellets? I'm gonna go to Farm Supply and look for some but my little girl has a tendency to eat everything. As of right now she gets only hay in her litter box but it's so messy to clean up. Do any of you have buns that eat these pellets?

If the pellets are topped with hay, it is doubtful she'll pass on the hay to get to the pellets.

(BTW, it's fine, even preferred, to just start a new thread rather than revive an old one.)

I can get stove pellet all year around at Menards. Home Depot does not carry them here, but I think they can be ordered. Mill's Fleet Farm also has them, and they also have bedding pellets for animals, which are the same thing, just sold for a different purpose. Some places consider stove pellets a seasonal product and only sell them in the winter.

If the pellets are topped with hay, it is doubtful she'll pass on the hay to get to the pellets.

(BTW, it's fine, even preferred, to just start a new thread rather than revive an old one.)
Thank you! That's good to know. I'm going to try these pellets.

I can get stove pellet all year around at Menards. Home Depot does not carry them here, but I think they can be ordered. Mill's Fleet Farm also has them, and they also have bedding pellets for animals, which are the same thing, just sold for a different purpose. Some places consider stove pellets a seasonal product and only sell them in the winter.

I never thought to go to Menards or Fleet Farm. Thank you!

If you have a Wilco near you, they sell wood stove pellets and horse stall bedding. The horse stall bedding is much cheaper.

Latest posts

Back