Where are all the Aussies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're 'Neat Idea Cubes' They're used for cage construction. Very handy but very hard to find outside of the US.

Oh, ta! I could swear I saw some, oh well, something that looked like it at Bunnings last week. Anyway Ikea should have them I reckon.

Good luck!

Welcome guys!!!!
NICS are a square grid peice (about 30cm square) that can be made into cubes or cages or something. It's like a modular storage system, you keep adding the squares together with the connectors, and you can make cubes for storage or cages out of them. I got some a few years ago in Sydney from the Reject shop but haven't seen them since. Someone in Aus said a while ago they got theirs at bunnings, but I've never seen them there. Mine are called "stack & rack" and were $30 for a 10 pack with connectors - I use them stacked 2 high for a rabbit run. I wondered if Howards Storage world would have them but I've never gone in to look myself.

I checked in Howard's storage in Melbourne and they don't have them and I've also checked in the reject shop but they don't either.

I know you can get them at costco in america maybe our costco has them. I have gotten in touch with the wholesalers in the usa and china and am in the middle of seeing if i can purchase some to sell over here since so many of us want them and can no longer get them here!

I rung costco but they wont tell us what they stock over the phone. the responsei got was (sorry we cant give that type of information out over the phone thank you bye). so if anyone has a card to there, next time you go in have a look cause im not going to spend $60on a chance they MIGHT have them when i can order them at wholesale price from the wholesalers.

I just went to Bunnings during my lunch hour to buy some plastic chicken wire for Sox's play pen as he seems to be able to escape through the openings.

Saw the Storage Cube I was mentioning, don't know if that's the one people are talking about though. There are about 5 sheets with joinings, 30cms all sides, pretty small, and cost $11.50 per packet, doesn't come with gate etc of course, white in colour. Looks like to build a condo it would cost you over $150.

Don't know if it is the one you are looking at but anyway the Bunnings Product No is 2591615 if it's any help.

HTHs, Carol

Hi all its been a long time since ive been on, when i firt joined there wasnt anyone else in perth now i can see a few of u!
im in perth too

kweenkylie wrote:
I checked in Howard's storage in Melbourne and they don't have them and I've also checked in the reject shop but they don't either.

I know you can get them at costco in america maybe our costco has them.  I have gotten in touch with the wholesalers in the usa and china and am in the middle of seeing if i can purchase some to sell over here since so many of us want them and can no longer get them here!

I rung costco but they wont tell us what they stock over the phone.  the response i got was (sorry we cant give that type of information out over the phone thank you bye).  so if anyone has a card to there, next time you go in have a look cause im not going to spend $60 on a chance they MIGHT have them when i can order them at wholesale price from the wholesalers.

I have also looked for them at Howard's in melb central, and I've looked in the reject shop and bunnings... with no luck.

if you or anyone else finds them in melbourne please let me know! if you can get your hands on some through costco I would be very interested!

gosh it's frustrating to not be able to buy them easily!

They're close to impossible to find here, i know one store in Sydney that has 4 cubes in stock, sold at $8.50 each, rip off considering Aldi was selling 4 for $14.99 with limited stock.

I tried to order some from the USA but it ended up costing me lots of money so i canned it.

Hi Cheryl :) I see you are in Adelaide too YAY.
Do you know of any good feed stores or pet stores that stock rabbit toys and such? I've been having a hard time tracking some down. I'd like to get Peyton some chew toys, a cardboard house and a willow house thingy (not sure what they are called lol) and would love to know if I can get Timothy hay in Adelaide.

Hi Kerri,

Just wondering what suburb you are in,then maybe i might know of a fodder store

With the timothy hay,no we don't grow it here,so can notbuy it locally.....but..i have recently found out that a few vets carry timothy hay and pellets,but be warned they are very expensive..i noticed that for a 1.13kg bag of timothy hay was priced at $39.60..i was like whoa!...but that's cause it's imported.

I buy my bunnies oat hay which is the next best thing to timothy anyway..my buns love oat hay...and i go to a fodder store at Gepps cross...just before the Grand Junction intersection called Gilberts and Roberts..there oat hay is always pretty nice.

Now to find bunny toys is just ridiculous,i have searched everywhere and we just don't have what the USA has for their buns...maybe try Petstock?..but those colourful wooden birdtoys are great for buns though.

But you will more than likely find that your bunny is probably more happier with a big cardboard box with an entrance cut out of it,mine always have fun making their own entrances.

I work at a company called Palmers,so we have all sorts of differen't shaped boxes that i always bring home for the bunnies.

Thanks for the quick reply Cheryl :)
I live in Croydon Park so Gepps Cross is close by, I'll go out next week and get some Oat hay. Do they sell it in smaller quantities though or do you have to buy a bale?
I'll have a look around for some bird toys, it's a shame though that we don't have access to all the cool stuff :(
Might see my local Foodland next week to get some boxes to make Peyton a play house.
Thanks again Cheryl :D

Hmm..i'm not sure if they sell smaller quantities or not..i'm guessing probably not but i don't know as i have never needed to ask..i buy a bale which costs me $12.95...but i have more than one bun too..

Back