When to Trim Teeth

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeppyTheHare

Reaction score
How can I tell when I should bring my buns in for a tooth trimming?, peppys bottom teeth look rather large to me although im far from an expert. I'll post a pic soon

You should book a check up with a rabbit savvy vet. They can determine if your rabbit will need the teeth filed or clipped. You can also discuss with the vet what do it and how often it may need to be done.

Most rabbits do not need to have their teeth trimmed. A good diet with lots of hay will wear down the teeth and other chew toys can help with the front teeth.

If they are aligned right, then you may not need to do much other than provide good chew toys. If they are not aligned properly, then they will probably need to be trimmed on a regular basis and could end up needing to be removed.

Checked out Peppy's teeth, definitely seems like there is something wrong, top ones are starting to curl inwards. Couldn't really get a good picture and hold him down at the same time but I booked an appointment with the vet to have them trimmed.

Latest posts

Back