When to start giving free range time?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canela_2004

Reaction score
Smudge will have been with us for one week tomorrow. We have progressed nicely with litterbox training. He only pees in the box, no accidents in the rest of his cage. He will take treats from our hands and let us rub his head or his sides while he eats. I would like to start letting him start having time out and about in the house but I am a bit nervous because he is still so small. (He is 8 weeks old.) How do you guys go about introducing baby bunnies to free range time? My last rabbit was a young adult when I got her so it was a bit different.

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

We did something similar this afternoon except we ended up using baby gates to contain him in one bunny proof area. Thanks for the suggestion!

Yes, the x-pens are great. Btw, what are you feeding him for 'treats?' At 8 weeks, he should not be getting anything other than hay and pellets. Pellets can be hand fed as treats, however.

Just pellets, lol. He is so impressed by them that he will do almost anything for a few pellets at this point. :)

Latest posts

Back