when to neuter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swanlake

Reaction score
soo, just wondering when i will know when fred should be neutered. um prettymuch think he was trying to hump shadow today:huhso just wondering...

How old is Fred? (hee hee, that name makes me giggle:laughsmiley:.)

Anytime after around four months. Yeah, the humping is totally normal too, but you'll have to contend with that until he is neutered:p.

Edited to add: Also make sure that the testicles have descended;). Every bun is different, so this may happen at different ages for each rabbit.

Little danglies - they can have a snip!

well, the pet store i rescued him from said he was 3 months. when i took him to the vet about a week ago, he hadn't dropped yet, but i don't know how to tell!

swanlake wrote:
he hadn't dropped yet, but i don't know how to tell!
Um, you'll definitely be able to tell:). When I was picking up Snuff from a friend of my husband's, they thought he was a girl. I flipped him over in my lap, just to check him over, and... there will be no mistaking it! They look like deflated balloons:p.

Hehe! The animal shelter said Rory was a boy, and when I went to meet him I wanted to make sure... and indeed he is! His little ballies are one either size of his anus and slightly above. They're pink and fuzzy (and rather cute, if I may say). Hard to miss.

Both Bo and Tony seemed a bit embarassed when I found theirs..... it was like a kid going into puberty!

I agree with all our boys testes took some time to come down and in the meantime they were niggling each other and generally making a big mess pooing and urinating everywhere.

Such delightful boys they are now 3 weeks since neutering such angels although one nipped me the other day when i was taking him out to his outdoor enclosure, didnt break the skin but enough for me to squeal and ask him why????:dude:

Haha!! I've had people laugh their butts off when I tell them I think Fiver's "boys" are cute!! I had one friend (Ali) say, "You DO realize you're talking about his testicles, RIGHT?!"

Hehe...I think they're ADORABLE!! And, it's gonna sound weird, I'm enjoying their cuteness while they're still around, because they're getting snipped off on the 30th!

:biggrin2:

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Hehe! The animal shelter said Rory was a boy, and when I went to meet him I wanted to make sure... and indeed he is! His little ballies are one either size of his anus and slightly above. They're pink and fuzzy (and rather cute, if I may say). Hard to miss.

You know, we are very strange people..... we think bunny nads are cute and lots of bunny poos are AWESOME!.... :wink

Haha!!! TELL me about it!!! :biggrin2:

Bo B Bunny wrote:
You know, we are very strange people..... we think bunny nads are cute and lots of bunny poos are AWESOME!.... :wink

Since Bo was sick, I go in and check his litterbox a couple of times a day usually. Hubby has heard me saying to Bo...... "oooo BOO! Look at all those pretty poos!" or "what a good boy! You left mama all sorts of pretty poos!" ....

Hubby questions my sanity....... :X

Hehe...yeah, I congratulate each bun for their poos every single night! And hubby just laughs...:laughsmiley: :blushan:

LOL! You guys are too much. I'm glad both of my boys were neutered before I got them. Not only do I not want to deal with hormonal boys (I already have a hubby, isn't that enough?), but bunny balls are waaaaay too big for them and just look silly. When I was checking out the bunnies at the local shelter a while back, I was double checking their gender as they had gotten one wrong. I flipped over this teeny tiny little Nethie boy, and holy bunny balls!:shock:

That, and Ringo. 'Nuff said!

:roflmao:

Poor Swanlake.... we have hijacked her neuter thread with bunny balls! Holy ones at that!!!

LOL! I'm also glad that I'm not the only one! Alas, Rory is going to be neutered next Wednesday...

Latest posts

Back