When do your Buns 'get up'?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ronnie is up 24/7. Well, not literally, but I've NEVER seen this bunny sleep! As soon as you open the cage door he bolts out, regardless of time of day.

Billy is a little diva and needs his beauty sleep. From about 11 am to 5 pm he's flopped over in his bunny bed and refuses to come out. He will only come out late at night and he's often full of energy well past midnight. He's also high energy early in the morning, but he's not let out at that time because nobody would be there to supervise him.

Baxter! when he has to sleep inside - wakes up promptly at 5:00 AM; which inturn wakes up the cat, who then wakes me up.. Once food is served to both I go back to bed and they seem fine.

When Baxter! comes to work with me - he's asleep under my desk until about 5:00 PM then he starts running laps around my office. After we get home and he goes out onto the patio and gets his dinner salad - he perks up agan, about 9:00 PM until about 10:30 PM then he's off to sleep..

My rabbits are slowly making me wake up earlier. When I first got them I fed them at 9 am. Now, after a few months, I am feeding them about 6:45 am, which is when I wake up. I don't even have classes until 10 am! Another thing is that rabbits don't understand weekends or holidays. They want to be fed early every morning. Oh well. It will help me get up in the mornings during the summer. The morning is the best part of the day, I just wish it didn't start so early, lol. Actually I like the mornings because my siblings sleep late so I have them all to myself.

Mine sleep a lot during the day and then just sort of snuggle at night. They jump in my bed and wake me up every morning at 7 AM for their pellets :)

Baxter gets to go to work with his mommie? That's one lucky bunny!

Haley, Your buns are loose in the house when your sleeping? So how do you keep them from chewing things they shouldn't such as electrical cords?

Even when I *thought* I had my compter cords covered One Bad Bunny still managed to chew through the speaker wires.

Well.. Basil is an old man (8) and Max has no front teeth so they dont chew. They are lazy boys and just snuggle all day. They are free roam in my bedroom. Tumnus andLucy have free roam of 1/2 the living room- they already destroyed the carpet in a few places so theres not much more damage theycan do.The rest are confined to another living room and have separaterun times :)

PS. We have lots of those cord covers bc they have done their fair share of chewing in the past!

:biggrin2:haha cute post.My bunny Tequito is up all the time and rattles his cage to get my attention at times Saphire is a Diva she need her beauty sleep she sleeps all night and wakes up at 7AM

luvthempigs wrote:
Baxter gets to go to work with his mommie? That's one lucky bunny!

Baxter! comes to work with me many days for 3 reasons:

1) He's a very needy bun; requires alot of attention and head rubs - and seems more calm/less "acting out" when he gets it.

2) My BF works shift work (3 days on - 4 days off, etc) so when he is home during the work week - he'll want to work in the office and not have to deal with Baxter! trying to break into the office all day.

3) My office allows pets in the work place and since every employee has an office, its safe for Baxter! to hang out with me. He generally just chills/sleep/DBF's under my desk and will occasionaly jump into my lap for the required head rub..

Wow, I can't believe you are allowed to have your pets at work. I would love to be able to do that :cool:

I used to have a small fish tank on my desk at work but when we moved to a new office where we share space with another doctor and staff I wasn't allowed to bring my fish :X

I think that allowing pets in the workplace under safe conditions - it's wonderful!

I feel so much better when I have my pets with me - I hear it's also very good for employees as they actually work harder, and feel better working with their animals to kind of comfort/relax/encourage them.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
I think that allowing pets in the workplace under safe conditions - it's wonderful!

I feel so much better when I have my pets with me - I hear it's also very good for employees as they actually work harder, and feel better working with their animals to kind of comfort/relax/encourage them.

Exactly! When I lookingfor newoffice space for my company, one of the biggest requests from the employees was to be able to bring their kids/pets to the office (w/appropriate safeguards) so we built our new office space so that EVERY employee had a controlled enviorment (office w/a door or room with a door).

Makes for a GREAT day at the office, so much less stress and employees will stay later and are just that much more relaxed.. Helps that we have a dog park at the end of the parking area as well.. One reason why someone can offer me more $ for a job and I turn them down - who else would let me bring my Rabbit to the office? It is now a requirement for me to even think of switching companies (and my company offers pet insurance at a discount).. Gotta love Hollywood.

I can just imagine sitting at my desk with a bunny plopped in my lap. I would be SO much more content....

Even at home when I stress..... I go for the Bo! LOL! He gets this look like "Ok, it's not about me for awhile..... she's going to cuddle me til I have to escape!" LOL!

I had to bring Sparky and Scooter into the office for two days last year when I was having the house re-roofed (I didn't think all the pounding would be good for them). I had them set-up in an exercise pen behind my desk. I just loved it! It was a great stress reliever to be able to turn around and pet those soft little heads. I wish I could bring them every day!

I'm in bed at/ before 12 am; so I can't say for certain exactly when my girls get up. When I was getting up at 5:30 am for work, they'd get up at that time with me. So maybe that's about their AM waking time. All I know for certain is that they're flopped out/ sleeping between 11 AM - 12 PM each day. And they're back up by 6-7 PM (now that daylight hours are longer).

Jenk

On weekdays (school) I always feed the bunnies around 6:45. They're usually awake by then, and if not, they're waking up. On weekends and then on vacations, they are usually fed between 9 and 10...sometimes 11, and sometimes 12 :D. Then they're usually awake for about 4 hours by then.

I think they wake up around 5 or so in the morning. I know they sleep during the night time, because they all have tired-eyes in the mornings!

They usually are put to bed at night by 5:30 or 6.

It was funny, because during the fair this past weekend, Sippi was VERY tired! He wanted to sleep, and there was just too much excitement. He actually did settle down and sleep for some time (in which we covered his cage and clipped a sign that said "Sleeping Bunny. Dont Disturb" on it). It was really adorable - we do have pictures of it, but our camera died! :( NOOOO. lol. Until it's *hopefully* working, we won't have them. But he was definitley tired, as were all the others, and I'm sure they slept very good on Sunday night!

Julie, what other type of pets go to work with your employees!?

I think it would be SOO cool to bring my bunny to school with me! Although I'm not sure he would like it too much - well Sippi would, but not Magic. lol.

That's why I'm going to work with animals (horses) when I'm older. I'll always have "pets" in my "office"! lol.

Emily

Latest posts

Back