When do you take your tree down?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spoh

Reaction score
I use to keepours up until after New Years but Lucy has free run (pretty much) of the room where the tree is so it is coming down NOW. How about you?

Joy

When I was growing up, our family tradition was to put the tree up 10 days before Christmas and then take it down on December 31st. (My dad was very superstitious, so the tree had to come down before the 1st.)

However, I was sitting here this morning thinking about taking the tree down today. My living room is so tiny that the tree is squished into a little corner...and while it's up the bunnies can't go in that room, even though the tree is artificial; they could easily get under the sofa and chew on the extension cord that is set up for the tree lights. Besides, it's only me and the animals here for Christmas this year, so I guess I just don't really care one way or the other about having the tree up.

I usually take mine down on the 12th day of Christmas (Jan. 6 - the Epiphany)as the end of our holiday season.

Pam

My birthday is January 2, so growing up we always left the tree up until after my birthday. As long as my tree doesn't start dying I'll leave it up that long now.

This will sound rather redneck of me, but traditionally we all take ours down on new years eve and take them out and burn them. (In a safe place, not starting forest fires)

I love Christmas, I really do .. but I can't wait to get the tree down once Christmas Day is over ... the family argue otherwise though, so it usually ends up me sneaking it down when they are out a day or so after New Year.

Latest posts

Back