when do the "teenage years" begin

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:roflmao:it' way better than gangrene at the wound center
smells sort of gamey and wild
I don't mind the smell but then maybeI was a rabbit in another life....

all i can think about is this girl at work that comes in after a steamy hot night and she STINKS!! if Liffy starts to smell like that i'm hanging an air freshner to her tail!!!:biggrin2:

great.....lol.....when i worked in headstart we had rabbits in almost everyclassroom and of course none of our pets were fixed and i don't remember any of our pets smelling. our class pet Mr. snowwhite was great. he never bit or growled. he just loved to be held. even our toughest kids would settle down just to give him some love. bingo used to box people he didn't like. then at naptime he would poop right next to the heads of whatever kids he disliked the most.....seriously, the kids that he really didn't like he'd leave a pile next to. then there was pearl a beautiful angora female. she would spray once in awhile but never smelled. hopefully i can get Liffy fixed before the stink starts!!

well if it makes you feel any better she only smelled like that right before she was gettin ready to hump :shock:...or if we moved our sexy arms and feet in her presence lol

i just don't want her to grow up and be an adult bunny!!! can't she just stay a cute little baby???.....lol.....although right now she's making a huge mess out of ripping apart a cardboard box...lol

My girls' territorial issues began right around the six-month mark--one week prior to their spay surgeries. Figures, eh? :?

So if I had to guess, I'd say that your girl may start exhibiting hormonal behavior prior to the spay, but probably not too long prior. It's likely better to wait until the right age to do the surgery and deal with the "teenage" behavior as it comes along.

Jenk

I agree with everyone else, go ahead and get her spayed so you will hopefully avoid the aggression. I got Alaska second hand and she was already 7 months old when I brought her home, she got spayed 3 months later. She was OBSESSED with tearing up the carpet and chewing the baseboards and taking out all of her...um...frustrations on a stuffed ball that she would drag around with her. Once she was spayed she left the carpet and baseboards alone and wanted nothing to do with her ball, but she did want more attention from humans. It really is a win-win situation. You will be happier because she's better behaved and she'll be happier because she won't have those raging hormones to deal with. As for the smell, I don't mind it either, it does smell slightly "skunky" but shedidn't smell like that all the time. I still smell it every now and then, usually when someone tries to invade "her" space be it rabbit or human, she'll charge and grunt and a second later "eau de bunny" will be in the air.

Back