When did you know that your bunny had bonded with you?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foreverblue127

Reaction score
We haven't had our bun for too long and everyday it seems his bond with us becomes stronger. Today I went into the dinning room to play with him. I didn't see him so I sat down on the floor and called out "Bun-Bun!" He came flying around the corner, saw me and binky'd all the way over to me. Then he jumped into my lap and started licking my hand. It melted my heart! He gets so excited now when see's me. It was a special moment for me. It was at that moment that I knew we had officially bonded.
What about you?

AWWW! Your story melts my heart!!!

I think my bunny likes me because when I sit on the floor with my laptop on my laps she'll run over and make space for herself on my tummy and then she'll stand tall and look me in the face and tickle me with her little whiskers =)

Today she ran circles around me for the 1st time and even started doing a figure 8 between my legs... I like to think she was telling me she likes me but I'm pretty sure she was encouraging me to scoop her food out faster =)

Oh and sometimes when I'm lying in bed doing my homework again with the laptop on my laps she'll hop up and lay down near me with her body all stretched out and comfy...

i love my little bun bun <3

Hi guys

My bunny Oreo does some of the weirdest things I really didnt know bunnies were capable of.

My bunny likes to nuzzle my arm. She likes to chill with me on my sofa if Im laying down. I have to leave room for the bunny of course, and she will just nuzzle my arm, and then tries to push her nose under my arm to get me to rub her.

At night, when Im asleep, Orea always sleep on the second floor of her cage closet to my bed. Whenever I wake up, She always there staring at me. If I place something in front of the cage obstructing her view of me...she freaks out...lol. She jumps from side to side, even standing up...lol.

Also, if Im sitting on the floor, she jumps on my chest( Im well endowed...so I guess she thinks its a landing pad) LOL And sniffs my face which tickles.

Gotta love bunnies!

I only realised Ollie had bonded with me when I read about bonding which I did not know about before!!

Ollie just hops over to you and has started replying to his name..!

all the above stories are so cute, my little guy loves affection, i try to keep him off the couch as he pee's on it and me, so when i say no he circles the couch then pops his little head back up as if to check if its now ok to pop up..he's now sitting on my lap with a plastic bag between us : )

When Flashie hears my voice he takes off so fast coming at me that his head falls behind (kinda like a passenger on a motorcycle who isnt ready to take off)and he will binky all the way over to me .its really a neat feeling ..especially when he only does this to me...
i dont think this is a bonding thing but i also really like that if something startles my buns all i have to say is"its ok its ok" and they instantly relax and go back to what they were doing...my boyfriend has tried this and they dont respond to his voice their still scared until i say it...they luvs me.:)..it takes some time for bunnies to get comfortable with you ,maybe thats why its such an awesome feeling when they finally do...cuz u have to work for it.

My bun and he was my first -Baxter! when he first gave me bunny kisses I almost cried... That and when any of them see me when I first get home from work, they all come running and binkying - makes me happy to open the door everynight. However I think their binkying for the anticipated dried banana chip they get; but I lie to myself and say its all about me coming home.

Only 3 of my buns have bonded with me, Button is my big baby and he licks me all the time. He'll come running over when I go to feed him. Bobbin just loves being cuddled and Toots is blind in 1 eye poor thing so I'm not sure if he likes being picked up or just doesn't always see me coming!
The best thing is that Button used to HATE my husband and now he loves him and will come over for cuddles and kisses with him too! I love bunnies and will never be withiout one now.

Jen had been on my bed and she licked me for about half an hour then began following me around. Oreo flopped beside me and likewise, followed me :)

when Peepers start running up to me when I get up or get home from work... she on been on my lap for the past half hour, she ran from her normal area in the LR to the dining room where I am and asked to come up. or if she is scared she hides under my arm...like the other day I took her to the kicthen to show her the fridge while I made her supper, she seemed so curious lol I set her on the floor and she took one look at the open fridge and leaped into my arms hiding her head in the crook of my arm.

Jenny? well she only comes out for me lol I come down and she runs to greet me, pulls my pantlegs etc.. other people come down and she runs under my bed lol

AWH
I love this

Ive had my sweetheart for just over a week... she basically hid from me ALL week, cept when i had apple slices. She hated me even more, cause i had to check her nails :p Today tho... she musta unleashed, and needed to have some fun. I rearganged the entire room, so she could have more run around space, and i had to bunny proof somethings. She still runs from me if i engage... but today she ran to ME and did the first binky i saw from her thus far. I think shes thanking me for giving her a blanket in the cage, instead of tiling... and she loves it :p She gave me kisses. such a doll.

Well since posting this I have a second bun who I just bonded with:) His name is peanut. The things I did with my first bun didn't work with this one. But I figured out what he needed and now he is just sooo lovey dovey. He licks me all the time. He's super cute.

Latest posts

Back