When Can they Have Veg?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megs

Reaction score
I Know that they can't have Veg when they are young..

But what age can I start to slowly introduce veg to Harley?

And which Veg would be best for a Netherland Dwarf??

Many Thanks

Megs

:)

A lot of people would say that rabbits shouldn't be introduced to greens until they're at least 3 months old, some people will say not until 6 months old, but I've given my young ones green food as soon as they're out the nestbox without any problems (usually just grass, straight from the lawn, but I've also given them beet and carrot tops). The key is to make sure it's not too much, start with only one thing, and watch his poops for the next week.

Some good ones to start with are cilantro, parsley, kale, romaine lettuce or beet tops.

We started ours at 4 months--that was an approximation with most as we only knew the age of 3 out of 27--ours were all rescues, so we figured our small ones were between 6 to 8 weeks. With the others, they were all adult but never sure on the age. We only have two now that we know the age of.

I am no pro at bunny care but I have been giving Thunder one leaf of dandelion green a day as a treat and she is doing wonderfully well. She is about 7 weeks old now.

Latest posts

Back