Whats your most treasured possesion?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I won autographed footballs in 2 different auctions a few years apart. One is a team signed ball from the 49ers from Joe Montana's last super bowl with
Bill Walsh and the other is a team ball from Steve Young's first super bowl when Deion Sanders was on their team. Also have a Joe Montana signed rookie card as well as a host of others from the 49ers roster over the years. Also have a game ball, a Green Bay Packers with Brett Favre, and a Troy Aikman signed ball. Baseballs--I have a Willie Mays home run ball that he signed later in the parking lot in Candlestick Park back when the players actually talked with the fans.

My great-great grandmas china and my great-grandmas china. Than pictures and Sam's and Maces ashes. My schleich I have put so much of me into collecting it. More than I have ever done with other collections. My books and movies.

My engagement ring. It is the single most valuable thing I own, in terms of money value but not only that, I had a very, very difficult and dramatic engagement, complete with screaming parents, in law drama and multiple near cancellations. The ring reminds me of all the tough times my husband and I have seen each other through and it is a token of his love. People who truly care about each other have relationships worth working for. It is a 2 ct solitaire, and i'd guard it with my life. I learned a lot of unfortunate things about family and also a lot of worthwhile things too. I've grown a lot since I've had it on my finger.

My gold chain i wear, all the time.
The chain itself was my dads, then a pendant of a cross and 10 diamons my mom gave me, and another pendant my mom gave me when my dad passed away (it was his) she gave to him on their wedding day.
n690780594_4499995_9885.jpg

I had a horse when I was younger, my first horse, a small Thoroughbred named Count Littleman. He was my soulmate, he really was. We were so incredibly bonded. He was horribly abused and neglected in his past, he also had been jumped around to 5 different homes. I promised he would live out his life with me. When I got him he was an old man, 20 years old, but had so much spirit. He was great to ride, but was horrible on the ground. No respect for space and very spooky. Countless times I was trampled or drug. Some "trainers" told me to either beat him to gain his respect or euthanize him, because he was going to kill me, but I could tell he just needed time and unconditional love. I spent a year rehabilitating him and working with Natural Horsemanship trainers. Soon he became the wonderful horse I knew he was all along inside.

Sadly, he passed from a suspected brain tumor. It took me a long time to recover from his death. He wore a red heart shaped tag on his halter that said his name "Count". When he died I attached it to a necklace and wore it around my neck. Now it hangs on the rear view mirror of the car. It's my most treasured possession other than family, friends and my furry companions.

Probably my pink bag which I made, I don't have a picture unfortunately. Its a little evening clutch bag, the majority of it is pink tulle which was hand embroidered and was made from a 1950s sari border. It has new fabric and lining and then around the bag is a 1950s pink ribbon along with some new ribbon, and the clasp is a mother of pearl clasp from the 1930s (Art Deco).

Other than that, probably all the jewellery I wear every day which consists of 7 bracelets and 5 rings. Sorry for the awful pictures!

2jezser.jpg

1zpph0h.jpg

Latest posts

Back