Whats the most you have paid for your buns

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mocha: $25 from pet store, plus about $150 for her spay.
Loki: $25 from shelter, already neutered
Fey and Sprite: $15 for the pair, plus a rusty cage and poorquality Walmart food. Getting spayed on Thursday for anestimated $300 for the pair, $15 spent on fecal exam.

Having bunnies instead of kids: priceless!:D

Childhood bunnies:

Thumper: Free. Given to my family because thefamilythat owned him previously decided they didn't want himanymore. He lived to be 10 or 11 and to this day, I think ofhim as my most-loved pet.

Sweetie: Free. Given to me when I showed up at a feed storeto get hay for my horse. Not a very nice rabbit.Had her for about6 months. We gave her away when Iwas 13, and I'm not sure what happened to her.

Current bunny:

JJ: $30. Bought at a pet store. A lovelylittle mutt. I adore him. He's always waiting toplay when I get home from work.

Brindy--don't know, my dad paid for her when I was 12

Chaucer--$7

Chaucer's babies--free (and kept me busy many years)

Tia--$20

Fluffy--free--rescue

Elf--$20

The most that I have paid was $250 plus $175 shipping (with 2 other

rabbits) for a 3xBIS castor mini-rex doe with 10 legs, and she was worth

every penny of it. She has very nice babies and is very sweet.

The rest of my rabbits ranged from $50 to $150.

Roger L

Hmmmmmm...

Oliver- Free!! He was one of the babies in our accidental litter

Blaise- $40 (petstore bun)

Daisy- $100 (rescued her, she was already spayed though!)

I have to admit, the most expensive rabbit Iever bought was one of my own breeding... $125, to buy back one of myBlue Doesthat I had sold to another breeder. He hadresold her to another breeder (whom I did not care for) andIbought her back. She was worth every nickel!

The most I spent was $210 and it is a beautifulBlack Dutch doe. I got her at the ARBA convention last yearin RI. The breeder told me that he would breed her that dayand after that he would breed her again at the Nationals in WI thispast spring!

He is a wonderful person and because of him I have a nice black doe and one offspring from each litter!

Sharon

Thanks everyone, is seems there is quite a rangein price, the most I have paid is £35, but I would consider paying alot higher for a quality buck, also I cant believe how much it costs tospay a rabbit

I paid $65 for a buck with two legs ofgrandchampion.Netherlands are a little cheaper than holland lops.I paid$5 for the mother of my best buck Complete with full pedigree.I got aHolland lop buck given to me free when i bought a doe,he has two legsand i gave him to my niece so she would have a nice buck toshow.bluebird

bluebird wrote:
Ipaid $65 for a buck with two legs of grandchampion.Netherlands are alittle cheaper than holland lops.I paid $5 for the mother of my bestbuck Complete with full pedigree.I got a Holland lop buck given to mefree when i bought a doe,he has two legs and i gave him to my niece soshe would have a nice buck to show.bluebird
Legs? I rememberreading a topic about this, but I cant find it anywhere, i dont thinkthis term is used here in showing but i could be wrong

"Leg" certificates are what is awarded hereafter a rabbit places 1st in it's class over at least 5 other rabbitsowned by at least 3 different people, or wins Best of Variety, BestOpposite Sex in Variety, Best of Breed, Best Opposite Sex in Breed, orBest in Show, Reserve in show... again over at least 5 rabbits owned by3 different people.... 3 Leg certificates (and registration under acertified ARBA Registrar) makes a Grand Champion.

Latest posts

Back