What's the most expensive rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't want to do it, but my Whisky is for salefor just $250,000. Act now, this adorable 1 year old buckwill go fast!

The attached picture was taken about a month ago at the peak ofmolt. Uglist picture ever! So ugly he's adorable.

I'll try to get a picture of him today....his coat has come back in sobeautifully! He is my favorite rabbit. He can't beshown because he has one white toe.

I agree with you, Raz. I paid $5 forSkittles at a show but no amount of money would make me give herup! She's a mix, so she can't be shown, but she's super sweet.

Hef was $20 and has a pedigree, but his ears are 1/2" too long for show.:X He's the friendliest pet I've ever had!

Poco was the first bunny I bought - I bought her as a baby along withBaby (her mother - yeah, I know it's confusing) and Jellybean and a bigwooden hutch for $50. Unfortunately, Baby and Jellybean areboth gone now. Although Poco is Little Miss Tude, I love herto pieces and wouldn't dream of selling her.

This is why Scott always reminds me that I could never make money as abreeder. I would never be able to give up the babies!:p

When I first read this post I was adding up inmy head all the costs of food, litter, woody pet, hay, treats, vetvisits...you get the picture. I thought, "Wow - I really doput a lot of $$ into those little guys."

However, after this afternoon, I no longer think bunnies areexpensive. One of the owners of my company had his 12 yearold daughter in today. She spent the entire afternoon at thedesk next to mine shopping on the internet.:shock: Wow, am Iglad my bunnies don't know how to use the computer yet!

No doubt -- kids are EXPENSIVE! :shock:

I live for the day when all 4 of mine have moved out and I have a little extra $$$$$$$$$$$$.

I think I deserve it -- when all is said and done, my husband and Iwill have spent about 40 years raising children (that is assuming thatthey all actually move out and don't bring grandchildren back into thehouse to live with us LOL).

Only about 15 more years to go!!!!!

Pam

pamnock wrote:

I live for the day when all 4 of mine have moved out and I have a little extra $$$$$$$$$$$$.

I think I deserve it -- when all is said and done, my husband and Iwill have spent about 40 years raising children (that is assuming thatthey all actually move out and don't bring grandchildren back into thehouse to live with us LOL).

Only about 15 more years to go!!!!!

Pam
LOL Pam, 40 years raising kids!

and i asked my doc about getting my tubes tied! (no chance being so young, but i just don't want to have kids)

My mum had my bro and i very young. (17) Now i (the oldest at 26) andbro (23) are both living on our own. Mum and dad moved out of theirhouse and into an apartment. and they say, no room for kids moving backhome!

At 43 mum is living a wonderful honeymoon type life with dad!

Wow, I didn't know that people actually paythousands of dollars for one rabbit. I guess it makes senseif you're going to breed and show them. Here, it's hard tofind bunnies. I mean we have them at pretty much every petshop but the quality isn't there. I mean they sell them aspure breds but theyreally are mix breeds.

I checked out all the pet stores within in anhour drive and i found only one out of 6 that actually had what lookedlike purebred bunnies.they all claimed to be netherland dwarfs.bluebird

pamnock wrote:

Spiffy -- Just found out the MRI's for Ryan's knees will costover$800 (hope she didn't mean $800 per knee)-- nowfrantically looking for a facilitywhere our health care willcover at least a little of it (have to go to Ohio -- we aren't coveredin the state we live in where there are MRI facilities just a shortdistance from us). :(

Pam

bluebird wrote:
Ichecked out all the pet stores within in an hour drive and i found onlyone out of 6 that actually had what looked like purebred bunnies.theyall claimed to be netherland dwarfs.bluebird
It's been myunderstanding that no self-respecting rabbit breeder would sell to apet shop. (Dog breeder either for that matter). Thebest place to get quality rabbits are through contacts made at arbasanctioned rabbit shows.

pamnock wrote:
pamnock wrote:
No doubt --kids are EXPENSIVE! :shock:

Spiffy -- Just found out the MRI's for Ryan's knees will costover$800 (hope she didn't mean $800 per knee)-- nowfrantically looking for a facilitywhere our health care willcover at least a little of it (have to go to Ohio -- we aren't coveredin the state we live in where there are MRI facilities just a shortdistance from us). :(

Pam
When I had the MRI done on mine I think it was about $900 forjust the one.... :( Hopefully you can get a multiple kneediscount or something!

pamnock wrote:
pamnock wrote:
No doubt --kids are EXPENSIVE! :shock:

Pam
Yikes!

I'm not looking forward to the bill from Ally's emergency room visit last Thursday.

It will probably come right before Christmas.

Laura

Nicky Snow wrote:
Mum and dad moved out of their house and into anapartment. and they say, no room for kids moving back home!
What a neat idea...:p Sell the house and move intoan apartment or condo. Just me, my wifeand Pebbles. :D

My youngest son (17) wants a car... go figure. :disgust:

pamnock wrote:
-- we aren't covered inthe state we live in where there are MRI facilities just a shortdistance from us). :(

Wow Pam, I hope everything works out foryou. I'm glad Alberta covers our medicalexpenses, but it's a 6 month wait to get an MRI.

Rainbows! :)

Latest posts

Back