whats safe to use to clean a rabbits environment during fur mite treatment?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahk

Reaction score
hi! my rabbit has just received her second dose of ivermectin for her fur mites and is doing great, but our only issue now is getting those suckers out of her area. she currently has a room to herself which is hard to clean everyday, so we are moving her to a smaller area and doing a full clean of her current room with dilute bleach and washing everything in it/throwing out whats necessary. my question is regarding cleaning the area shes in everyday, is it safe to use dilute bleach while shes living in there or would it be safer to use borax or something else? also to be safe would washing her litter box and bowls everyday be a good call?? thank you! :hug2:

I would give something about 24 hours to air out after using bleach if possible- that stuff (even dilute) can be nasty (it's one of my favorite cleaners though!!). Since mites are SO darn hard to get rid of, I'd clean the box and bowls every day if it were my rabbit. But that's just me. Good luck!!

Latest posts

Back