What's Hiphop's color called?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dheditor

Reaction score
Hi, all. This is a picture of our bunny with our old gentle dog, Cecil, before Cecil passed away. Hiphop is our first rabbit, and we rescued him from a girl who had "outgrown" him. I'm assuming he's a dwarf lop (is that right?), but what is his color called? I really love it....
ry%3D400

He's a tort...he actually has the squished holland face but his ears look a little long. if hes 5-7lbs i would say mini lop, if hes smaller then holland.

he's so adorable :) any more pictures of him?

and congrats for rescueing him, its sad how many rabbits are outgrown

Thank you both! He is right at 5 pounds, so I guess that doesn't help with determining his breed. :) I'll try to get some more cute pictures of him and post them.

He looks, to me, like a poorly bred Holland (or Dwarf) Lop. That's not meant to be an insult, but he just doesn't have the characteristics of a rabbit that was the result of a show breeding program. Know what I mean? He is still a very handsome little guy and looks like a very sweet pet bunny!

Hollands can be up around 5 lbs. if they do not inherit the dwarfing gene. If they do, they're right around 2-4 lbs.

Also, just a little tidbit- Black Tortoise (or "tort") is one of the most common colors in Holland (or Dwarf) Lops. So that is a huge indicator to me that that's what he is, or at the very least, a mix of it. Mini Lops do not generally come in that color.

Ah, thank you! No, I'm not insulted at all. I don't show and so am fine with my pets being "pet quality." :) He's an utter snuggle bunny and very sweet.

I'm glad you're understanding! Some people think that means I'm insulting their bunny. But more often than not, the "pets" are even cuter and have more character than the cookie cutter show bunnies. So they are even more lovable as pets anyway!

Oh my he looks like one of the baby hollands that I had to pet home because he was too large. Same color and everything! LOL, you wouldn't happen to have gotten him for a family in NY would you? I highly doubt Ian would have given Danny up anyway, Ian loved Danny.
Holland boys have always been such cuddle bugs for me. my Speedle and Gabriel are the best!

I would agree and say that he is what Holland breeders call a BUB (Big Ugly Buck), not that most of them are really ugly, it just means that they are too big to use in a breeding program. I would guess that he is either a really light black tort or a chocolate tort. Very pretty little guy, and look at the BONE on him. WOW!

LOL! A BUB! Poor little Hip-Hop. :) Well, one of the first things we did after we adopted him was get him neutered, because he's a sweetheart but was *such* a humper. He's much better behaved now and not in any danger of passing on undesirable characteristics, even if we ever acquire another bunny.

fuzz16 wrote:
its sad how many college kids rehome pets every day...
As a full time college student, as a 20-25 hour work week, it also makes me sad how many people can't man up to the responsibility.

I had my bunny all through college and he is still with me now. Plus, I added a friend for him my senior year. My bunny Loki looks exactly like HipHop. :) Check out my blog and you'll see. haha!

t.

Back