What's going on? Is this normal?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ravishing

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Last night I was with Penny in her X-Pen and she was being sooo friendly. She kept hopping onto my laps and giving me little nudges, doing dead bunny flops, and cuddling right beside me. Since she was clearly in a good mood I decided I'd try to check under her tail for any knots or stuck poopy balls. Usually every time I reach underneath her (between her hind legs) she'll walk/dart/run away from me but yesterday night she did the weirdest thing!

She lowered her little head to the ground and stuck her bum bum up, and lifted her tail and willingly let me check her for knots and stuck poopy balls. I was so shocked. So was my boyfriend. She did this multiple times. She literally LOWERED the front half of her body and PROPPED UP her rear end! What is going on? Is this normal? She even did it on my thighs! Usually she doesn't even enjoy being pet while my thighs but not this time? She popped her bum right up and let me check for knots. I'll also add that after I was done checking her she started buzz and kept jumping back onto my legs!

What's going on here? Is this normal?

p.s: no knots! yay! :biggrin2:

Is she spayed yet? Sounds like she might want to breed and is 'coming on' to you.
Getting her spayed should help with this, but it can take a few weeks for the hormones to settle down.

Does your bunny have knots often? More timothy hay should help. Limit her pellets and giving her unlimited timothy hay.

And yes, they are right about the spaying. My female, Bubbles, is waiting for the 6-month mark before she can be spayed. Until then, she is having monthly false-pregnancies after her 2 day frisks with Eli. LOL~ :blushan:

Latest posts

Back