What will happen if I don’t get my bunny spayed?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Littlebun

Reaction score
Hi everyone,so i live in Pakistan and I am not trusting of the vets here. My bunny is 8 months. Since the last 3-4 days she has been exhibiting what can only be described as hormonal behaviour. She has suddenly started to poop and pee outside her litter box and in fact all over the room. Most recently she was running circles around my feet. I thought it was because she could smell a banana on me but she has been doing that since yesterday. I understand that this is some form of courting for with bunnies. I want to know if I don’t get her spayed will she continue on like this? Her behaviour has literally changed within days! I’m just too scared to risk her life in a surgery when vets here don’t even know how to hold rabbits properly. It will be a hit and miss. What if she doesn’t make it through the surgery? Or what if she gets an infection from the surgery? I have read there’s an 85% chance of getting cancer by age 3-4. I’m feeling so hopeless right now. She is literally my life! I can’t lose her. Should I get a male bunny for her so she can breed as I’ve read that can reduce their chances of getting cancer?

What you are seeing is textbook rabbit puberty, and yes, it often happens overnight. Its like flipping a switch and it actually is just what happens on an intra-cellular level.

She will calm down regardless - teenagers dont stay teenages forever. The high risk of uterine cancer remains though.

You do have time to do reasearch though. I dont know anything about the rabbit vet situation in Pakistan, but I imagine it's rapidly evolving. In some parts of India where I've rabbit friends (Delhi, Mumbai) contemporary rabbit vet care is way better than in most European countries.

Hi everyone,so i live in Pakistan and I am not trusting of the vets here. My bunny is 8 months. Since the last 3-4 days she has been exhibiting what can only be described as hormonal behaviour. She has suddenly started to poop and pee outside her litter box and in fact all over the room. Most recently she was running circles around my feet. I thought it was because she could smell a banana on me but she has been doing that since yesterday. I understand that this is some form of courting for with bunnies. I want to know if I don’t get her spayed will she continue on like this? Her behaviour has literally changed within days! I’m just too scared to risk her life in a surgery when vets here don’t even know how to hold rabbits properly. It will be a hit and miss. What if she doesn’t make it through the surgery? Or what if she gets an infection from the surgery? I have read there’s an 85% chance of getting cancer by age 3-4. I’m feeling so hopeless right now. She is literally my life! I can’t lose her. Should I get a male bunny for her so she can breed as I’ve read that can reduce their chances of getting cancer?
if they dont know rabbits like in my country , dont risk it , do not risk it at all , you may lose your bunny, even if your bunny get sick do not go to vet , search in internet for it, unless u can find Exotic vet

I had one that was not a year old, when she was spayed she already had a uturus tumor growing.

Back