What was your bunny's name before you adopted/bought them?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yield

leo (they/them)
Reaction score
[align=center]And why did you change it if you did?

All of my buns, I changed their names because I wanted to name them something myself, as well as the fact I wanted very unique names. And after Sabriel I wanted all S names for my buns =]
Solara was Sara.
Sabriel was Murdoch.
Silas was Pete.
Soleil was Zelda.

Otto came from a breeder and didn't really have a name yet. I think the kids called him "Mask Bunny" because he has a mask over his eyes, but that doesn't really count. Haha

Hannah lived with her first owner for 3 years and was named Merlin. We just weren't big fans of the name, especially for a girl bun, so we changed it (I like that Hannah was a palindrome just like Otto ;-) ) We still call her "The Mer" as a nickname though.

Do any bunnies resist the name change? I read of wrongly sexed bunnies who ended up having to keep their wrong-gender name because they refused the name change. Mine is one of those but we named him ouselves, but my daughter didn,t want to change the name

Jenny was "Petra" at the shelter, I was actually going to keep it when all I had was her picture, once I met her though it didnt fit, too "hard" sounding.

Peepers...no idea, her breeder didnt say and he left her name blank exept for his kennel name for me to fill in on her pedigree. I assume she would have had a name though as she was the baby he had kept before decided to cut back on his rabbits due to health reasons(his, not the rabbits)

Alaska's first owners named her Snow White. Didn't like it so that was changed.

Gixxer was named DeCarlo by the Animal Control staff.

Max's name was kept. His previous owner thought he looked like a Max and I agreed with her.

Takumi wasn't at Animal Control long enough to be named before I scooped him up, so he's only had one name.

Oops...wait, he had two. He was supposed to be a girl so his name for a little while was Bella-Boo.

Sophie was Patch at the Humane Society.
Sean was Kung fu at the Humane Society.
Lillian's name on her pedigree is Elaine and he breeder called her Sweets. I didn't like the names, so ended naming her Lillian.
Ginny's pedigree name is Flora (or Fauna haven't look in a while) and her previous owner called her BunBun or something. She has red fur, so I call her Ginny.

Korr, Penelope and Amelia didn't have names when I got them.

Tweetiepy wrote:
Do any bunnies resist the name change? I read of wrongly sexed bunnies who ended up having to keep their wrong-gender name because they refused the name change. Mine is one of those but we named him ouselves, but my daughter didn,t want to change the name

[align=center]None of my rabbits resisted the name change, even my two year old Flemish. Now I say Silas and he perks his ears and even comes running. Most of my rabbits just answer to Baby, because I call them that a lot too... XD Soleil hasn't seemed to resist the name change, but I don't think she has noticed it yet because I just started calling her that.. XD Sabriel and Solara were easy cause I got them sort of young. (6 months). But I think it was easily adjustable for them.

I think any of them will adjust to it eventually except for really stubborn buns if you just keep calling them that =]

how could a bun resist a name?

none of mine had names when we got them, but our first rabbit buster was called something ridiculous like "mullbery" or something. the breeder named them all after plants... so strange lololol

Magic didn't have a name, so he went from a few different things before I finally settled with Magic.

Rowdy's pedigree name is Sawyer, but his barn name is Rowdy.

Kailua has her pedigree name; we named her. Bear keeps his ped name from Shaded Night.

Rose's pedigree name is the same as her barn name - Rose. But Dallas' pedigree name was Cliff, so his barn name is Dallas. lol.

Emily

BlueCamasRabbitry wrote:
Magic didn't have a name, so he went from a few different things before I finally settled with Magic.

Kailua has her pedigree name; we named her. Bear keeps his ped name from Shaded Night.

Rose's pedigree name is the same as her barn name - Rose. But Dallas' pedigree name was Cliff, so his barn name is Dallas. lol.

Emily
whats a barn name?

maxysmummy wrote:
BlueCamasRabbitry wrote:

Emily
whats a barn name?

Barn name is what we call them. We can't change their pedigree name, so if you don't like it, you give them a "call" or "barn" name. They have to keep their pedigree name in order so you know that they came from such & such breeder, and if you want them registered/granded, that is done under their pedigree name. It's similar to dogs & horses. ;)

Emily

Ringo Starr we named. (His bday today)
Samantha Jane we named. (RIP)
Connor Grayson was named by us but gender confusion made him start with the name Pandora Gabriella. He went by Commando Pando for a bit.
Teresa Mekare we named.
Dallas came with the name we just added Jinx Jones. (RIP)
Elvis Aaron we named.
Wyatt Holliday Earp we named.
Chibi came with Chibi we just added Noah Chibi Ash.
Apple came with the name we just added Gwyneth Apple Hoshi.
Montana came with the name we just added Hannah Celeste Montana. (RIP)

when we first got Walter his name was Champagne and they thought HE was a SHE.... but i would have changed it regardless because i didn't like it.

Jezzabelle was Jacob (gender fairy!)
Martie was Vernon, from the Humane Society, it didnt really suit his personailty so I wanted it to be something more "him"

Barnaby was Kiwi. Ziggy was Toki. Berry was Amelie.

I like to change their names when I get animals who already have names. A new name to go with their new home/life type of deal. I've never had any of them have any problems adjusting to the new names, they seem to always pick up on it pretty quickly.

Shadow was called Jack at the shelter, probably because he was black.
Jester was called Morning Glory, which was a bit of a mouth full, and his personality is totally like a Jester.
Georgia was called George, but as she was nearly 7 when we got her, we didn't want to change it too much.

Jan

Morgan was adopted and I kept his name. I was unsure about it at first because I thought it was kinda girly, but it fits him and I am glad I kept it!

Molly came with her name as well (adopted through CL). I wanted to change it to something more unique, but I couldn't come up with anything...so I added "Sophia" - she is now "Molly-Sophia".

:)

We decided to rename our kids mainly keeping with the whole New Beginnings theme.
New life...new chance to begin again...

New Name------Original Name

Solembum--------Bubbles
Dandelion---------Barney
Sophie-------------Cuddles
Abigail-------------Cadbury
Tucker-------------Bo
Portia--------------Dolly
Gypsy--------------Shelly
Oliver--------------Crazy Baby
Leopold-----------Socks

Storm was max a million I changed his name due to the hurricane and he was a hurricane ike rescue. But Ike was taken to many times.

Jessi was Snow ball or something weird. Jessi was to boyish for me to keep her name so girly.

There current owner a very good friend of mine kept there names cause I go spend time with them all the time.

By the time the moved to there current home they both answered to there names.

Back